Better Backgrounds: Paint Scraping
size: red rules, 5-1/2”x4-1/4”; abundance 6"x6"
- Cardstock: white; yellow; purple; orange
- Abundance stamp (B Line Designs)
- Adirondack Pitch Black pigment ink pad (Ranger)
- Embossing Antiquities Christmas Tree embossing powder (Ranger)
- Claudine Hellmuth Studio Paints (Ranger): Purple Palette; Modern Red; Yellow Pastel; Landscape Green; Dash of Red; Traditional Tan; Altered Orange; Dab of Yellow
- Recycled plastic credit or gift card
- Inkssentials Heatit Craft Tool (Ranger)
- Red Rules Card
- 1. Cut papers as follows: 3-1/4”x4-1/2” white; 3-1/2”x4-5/8” yellow; 5-1/2”x8-1/2” purple. Score and fold largest piece to create side-fold card.
- 2. Dab small amount of paint onto white cardstock piece using corner of plastic card. Use edge of card to scrape paint across cardstock in very thin layer, varying direction as desired. Apply additional colors without waiting for paint to dry, allowing colors to mix and blend.
- 3. To unify background, if desired, lightly apply Dash of Red as accent color over entire surface of cardstock, let dry.
- 4. Layer and assemble card as shown.
- Abundance Card
- 1. Cut papers as follows: 4-1/2” white square; 4-3/4” yellow square; 6”x12 orange piece. Score and fold largest piece to create top-fold card.
- 2. See Red Rules Card Step 2 to create background on white cardstock piece.
- 3. To unify background, lightly apply Dab of Yellow over painted cardstock. Let dry completely.
- 4. Stamp Abundance image over background; heat emboss Christmas Tree.
- 5. Layer and assemble card as shown.
by Lynn Roberts