Butterfly Collection Birthday Set
size: card, 4-1/4”x5-1/2”; box, 6" diameter
- Chipboard or papier mâché box, 6” diameter
- Whisper White cardstock (Stampin’ Up!)
- Mia Collection Kit (Crate Paper)
- Blue ball trim (Webster’s Pages)
- Sheer white dot ribbon (May Arts)
- Clear Dew Drops (Robin’s Nest)
- Stamps (Inkadinkado): Patterned Bugs; Birthday Wishes
- Ink pads: Tempting Turquoise Craft Stampin’ Pad (Stampin’ Up!); Jet Black StazOn (Tsukineko)
- Clear embossing powder
- Pink markers, two shades
- Stickles Stardust glitter glue (Ranger)
- Heat tool
- Paper piercer
- Circle template, 5”
- Black Journaler pen (Stampin’ Up!)
- Small adhesive dots: clear; foam
- 1. Make white card base. Cut 4”x5-1/4” purple paper piece; adhere to card front. Cut and adhere strips of floral paper, white cardstock and pink scalloped glitter paper to card front.
- 2. Stamp black sentiment as shown. Adhere trim across from of card.
- 3. Stamp turquoise butterfly on white cardstock; heat emboss with clear powder. Stamp large black butterfly on white cardstock; color with pink marker(s). Cut out butterflies; adhere to card as shown.
- 4. Pierce zig-zag border along card front as shown; connect holes with black pen. Highlight large butterfly wings with dots of glitter glue; let dry.
- 1. Cover sides of box below lid with pink paper. Cover sides of lid with purple paper. Cut a large circle of purple paper and adhere to center of box lid.
- 2. Stamp black sentiment near bottom edge of purple circle. Adhere glitter die-cut floral cluster to lid. Tie small white ribbon bow and adhere to stem of flower cluster with adhesive dot. Adhere Dew Drops along bottom edge of purple circle.
- 3. Adhere glitter border sticker to one side of box. Adhere blue trim around lid just below box top.
- 4. Stamp three turquoise butterflies on white cardstock; heat emboss with clear powder. Stamp large black butterfly on white cardstock; color with pink markers. Cut out butterflies; adhere to box as shown, adhering small butterflies with foam adhesive dots.
- 5. Highlight large butterfly wings with dots of glitter glue; let dry.
- 1. Frame a few stamped butterflies inside a white shadow box to create a third coordinating piece for this set. Embossing adds extra stiffness to paper elements that stand up away from the main surface of a project like the blue butterflies shown here. If mailing card, be sure to choose an envelope large enough to contain wing that extends off left side of card; otherwise, adjust butterfly placement to fit within border of card and omit dimensional ball trim.
by Lindsey Botkin