New Puppy Congrats Card & Treat Jar
size: card, 4-1/4”x5-1/2”; jar, 3” tall
- Glass jar with metal lid, 3” tall or desired size
- Cardstock: The Chocolate Box Collection Pistachio Nut ColorCore (Core’dinations); Cream (Bazzill Basics); Beige (Prism Papers)
- Papers: Earth Love Collection Repeat (Cosmo Cricket); Christmas Past Collection Deck the Halls (Graphic 45); Green Bones (Around the Block)
- Looking Glass Stickers, “congrats” sentiment (Making Memories)
- Dog Soft Charms (Around the Block)
- Puppy Brad (Around the Block)
- Ribbon: 1/4” brown satin (Martha Stewart Crafts); 1” black/white Paperie gingham (Making Memories)
- Notebook Doodles Clear Stamps (October Afternoon)
- ColorBox Chestnut Roan Fluid Chalk Inkpad (Clearsnap)
- Sizzix BIGkick Die-Cutting Machine and Originals Scallop Tags Combo #2 Dies (Ellison)
- Scallops 12” Border Die (QuicKutz)
- Cuttlebug Tiny Bubbles A2 Embossing Folder (ProvoCraft)
- Circle template or punch, 1-1/4”
- Sanding block
- Craft knife and cutting mat
- Computer with color printer
- Clear adhesive dots
- Puppy treats
- 1. Make Pistachio Nut side-fold card base. Following die-cutting system manufacturer’s instructions, emboss card front with Tiny Bubbles folder. Lightly sand raised design to reveal colored core.
- 2. Cut 2-1/4”x3-1/2” striped paper strip. Die cut scalloped border from red/white paper and adhere to short end of strip; trim excess. Adhere paper strip to right side of card.
- 3. Open card flat and use craft knife to cut tiny slit in fold, 1-1/2” from bottom edge; tie narrow brown ribbon around card front through slit. Adhere puppy brad to bow.
- 4. Print quote; “Happiness is a Warm Puppy, Charles M. Schulz”; in brown onto cream cardstock. Trim to size and ink edges brown. Mat quote on green side of cardstock and adhere to card, overlapping striped strip. Adhere “congrats” sticker to top left corner of quote block.
- 1. Fill jar with treats. Cut or punch 1-1/4” circle from bones paper and adhere to center top of jar lid.
- 2. Die cut small, scalloped tag from beige cardstock and stamp with puppy image; ink edges of tag.
- 3. Insert ball chain from soft charm through hole in tag. Insert one end of gingham ribbon through ball chain and tie ribbon into bow around jar, below lid.
- 1. Though Fido’s awfully cute, don’t forget Fifi! Choose kitty-friendly stamps and embellishments.
- 2. Alter a larger jar to hold big-breed puppy treats, or birthday treats for older dogs. Decorate a gift bag using the same papers and embellishments to hold other gifts like toys, grooming implements and more.
- 3. Tie ribbon bow around puppy tag and adhere to a plain frame for an almost instant gift! Keep plain frames on hand for all occasions.
by Ivanka Lentle