Classically Alice Set
size: card, 4-1/2”x6-1/4”; notebook, 4-3/4”x5-1/2”; pendant, 2-3/8” diameter
- Pendant (Hobby Lobby Traditions)
- Spiral-bound notebook, 4-3/4”x5-1/2”
- Cardstock: red; white; black
- Inkssentials Gloss Paper (Ranger)
- Transparency sheet
- Black deerskin lacing (Hobby Lobby)
- Say It In Crystals (Prima)
- Sheer ribbon: red; black
- Stamps: Classic Alice set (Oxford Impressions); Grunge Background (I Brake for Stamps); What Were You Thinking (Stampabilities)
- Ink pads (Ranger): Jet Black Archival; Tim Holtz Adirondack Alcohol Ink in Cranberry and Pitch Black; Adirondack dye pads in Cranberry, Sandal, Mountain Rose, Caramel, Sunshine Yellow, Sail Boat Blue and Pitch Black; Big & Bossy Two-Tone Embossing Pad
- Tim Holtz Adirondack Alcohol Ink Applicator, Blending Solution and Gold Metallic Mixatives (Ranger)
- Tim Holtz Adirondack Alcohol Ink Fillable Pen
- Embossing powders (Ranger): Seafoam White; Ancient Gold
- Stickles Platinum glitter glue (Ranger)
- Inkssentials line (Ranger): Heatit Craft Tool; Glossy Accents
- Hole punch
- Small paintbrush
- Computer with printer
- 3-D Dots adhesive (EK Success Ltd.)
- Small sticky note
- 1. Make black card base.
- 2. Stamp Jet Black Alice image onto gloss paper; heat set ink with craft tool. Using paintbrush and dye ink pads, color image as follows: skin Sandal with Mountain Rose cheeks; crown and scepter Caramel; hair Sunshine Yellow; dress Sail Boat Blue and Cranberry; shoes Pitch Black. Highlight crown and scepter with glitter glue; let dry. Cut out image.
- 3. Cut 3-1/4”x5” white cardstock panel, 3-1/2”x5-1/4” red panel and 3-1/8”x4-7/8” black panel. Mask small area on black panel with sticky note for sentiment. Stamp crackle background on black panel with embossing ink; remove mask and heat emboss Seafoam White. Stamp and emboss sentiment.
- 4. Layer cardstock panels and adhere to card. Adhere image over base with 3-D adhesive dots.
- 1. Stamp crackle background over half-sheet of red cardstock using Jet Black ink. Use computer to print quote onto stamped cardstock and cut to 4-1/8”x5-1/2” to create front cover. Carefully remove spiral binding and adhere cardstock to cover; punch holes and re-insert binding.
- 2. Color self-adhesive crystal designs with Pitch Black Alcohol Ink; trim and apply to left side of cover. Cut several ribbon lengths and tie around spirals at left side of notebook.
- 3. Stamp Jet Black queen image onto gloss paper; heat set ink with craft tool. Using paintbrush and Cranberry dye ink, color heart. Apply Glossy Accents to heart for raised effect. Adhere image to cover with 3-D adhesive dots.
- 1. Stamp Jet Black Alice image onto gloss paper; heat set ink with craft tool. Using outer pendant edge as a template, cut circle around image.
- 2. Apply Alcohol Inks and Blending Solution to circle to create background. Fill Alcohol Pen with Blending Solution and use it to drag a tiny amount of the background color into skin areas to create flesh tones. Continue applying Blending Solutions to image to create aged look.
- 3. Using pendant opening as a template, cut transparency circle slightly larger than opening. Stamp “Alice” on transparency with embossing ink; heat emboss Antique Gold.
- 4. Apply thin line of Glossy Accents around inner and outer pendant edges to attach image and transparency at back. Thread pendant onto deerskin lacing; knot ends.
by Lynn Roberts