Sweet Baby Hangers
size: 9” long
- Vintage Baby Wood Hangers (Melissa Frances)
- Papers: Baby’s First Collection Oh Baby Collage and Sweet Baby (Karen Foster Design); Brenda Walton Small Wonders Boy Collection Red Plaid (K&Company)
- Baby’s First Collection All About Baby stickers (Karen Foster Design)
- Lime gingham ribbon, 3/8” (Creative Impressions)
- White Scrapper’s Floss (Karen Foster Design)
- Folk Art Yellow Citron Artists Pigments acrylic paint (Plaid)
- Punches, templates or dies: 1-7/8” circle; 2” scalloped circle
- Sanding block
- Paintbrushes: small bristle; disposable foam
- Paper towel
- Mod Podge Matte Découpage Medium (Plaid)
- 1. Paint hanger edges and back Yellow Citron; let dry.
- 2. Trace hanger once onto back of desired paper; cut out.
- 3. Use foam brush to apply thin, even layer of Mod Podge to back of paper cut-out. Press paper to hanger front, taking care to smooth out any air bubbles; let dry. Gently sand away excess paper at hanger edges.
- 4. To create aged look, dip dry bristle brush into paint and wipe off excess onto paper towel. Lightly dry brush streaks of paint around edges of hanger.
- 5. Punch collage paper image into circle; lightly sand to distress edges. If desired, punch contrasting scalloped circle mat. Adhere circles to hanger with Mod Podge. Apply animal sticker to circles.
- 6. Tie small ribbon bow around length of white floss; use floss ends to tie bow to hanger wire.
- Designer Tip
- 1. Apply very small amount of Mod Podge to cut ribbon ends to prevent fraying; let dry.
by Alice Golden