Easter Bunny Hugs Box
size: 6" long
- Cardstock: Lily White Sugar-Coated (Doodlebug Design Inc.); white; kraft
- Mini pastel print paper of choice, 8-1/2”x11”
- Felt flower (K&Company)
- Wide pink satin ribbon
- Small brown buttons, two
- Pink embroidery floss
- Pink adhesive rhinestones (Hero Arts)
- Inspiration Creative Center electronic cutting system (Pazzles)
- Pillowbox Template and Printable Stamp Sets (The Cutting Café, http://thecuttingcafe.typepad.com/): Happy Easter Background; Easter Sentiments
- Computer with color printer
- Hole punch, 1/16”
- Scallop-edge scissors
- Permanent pens: Brown Zig (EK Success Ltd.); White Gelly Roll (Sakura)
- 1. Follow manufacturer’s instructions to print “Happy Easter” background in pale brown ink onto patterned paper sheet.
- 2. Follow cutting system manufacturer’s instructions to cut pillow box from stamped paper. Assemble box; adhere long edge and fold in flaps.
- 3. Print “Easter Bunny Hugs” round sentiment in dark brown ink onto white cardstock; cut out or punch circle. Mat circle on kraft cardstock; trim with scallop-edge scissors. Designer Tip: Nested circle and scalloped circle punches or dies may also be used. Detail circles here and there with tiny brown and white pen dots and lines.
- 4. Hand cut a medium-sized egg from glittered cardstock; punch small hole at top. Adhere sentiment circle to lower right edge of egg. Adhere felt flower and rhinestone as shown. Set egg tag aside.
- 5. Tie pink floss through two brown buttons; adhere to upper right edge of pillow box. Adhere several rhinestones to lower left edge of pillow box.
- 6. Tie pink ribbon into bow around box. Use twine to tie egg tag to bow.
- 1. Explore the Cutting Café's Web site for answers to all your cutting/downloading questions. The "Info & Tips" files makes using these downloadable products a snap. Cut pillow box from themed papers to create a quick favor or gift box for any occasion. Felt embellishments give projects a warm, cozy feel ... just like the Easter Bunny!
by Regina Easter