Happy Birthday Shaped Card
- Cardstock: Cupcake Sugar-Coated (Doodlebug Design Inc.); white, black smooth; yellow, orange textured
- Easter Time Collection Flowers/Pink Dot double-sided paper (Pebbles, Inc.)
- Pink adhesive rhinestones (Hero Arts)
- Tiny yellow paper blossoms (Prima)
- White/yellow crocheted daisy
- Inspiration Creative Center electronic cutting system (Pazzles)
- Paper Piecing Animals CD #11 (Pazzles)
- Chalk ink pads: light brown; rosy pink
- Sewing machine and white thread
- Computer with printer
- Permanent pens: Pure Black Zig (EK Success Ltd.); White Gelly Roll (Sakura)
- Foam tape
- 1. Follow cutting system manufacturer’s instructions to cut duck from folded white cardstock, placing top of head just over fold to create top-fold card.
- 2. Cut head and wings from yellow textured cardstock, feet and bill from orange cardstock, and eyes from black cardstock. Cut bonnet from pink dot side of paper and dress from flower side of paper. Ink edges of each piece, except eyes, light brown. Hand cut a balloon shape from glittered cardstock; set aside.
- 3. Use computer to print “happy birthday” in wavy shape onto white cardstock; cut out to create balloon/string shape. Ink string edges light brown. Adhere glittered balloon over white balloon with foam tape.
- 4. Sew white zig-zag stitch along upper left curve of bonnet; adhere crocheted flower to upper right side.
- 5. Glue feet, dress, wings and head to card front in order. Adhere bonnet to card with foam tape. Glue eyes and bill to face. Dip fingertip into pink ink and dab cheeks.
- 6. Glue balloon to left wing as shown. Glue paper blossoms along bottom of dress; adhere rhinestones to centers.
- 7. Detail edges of pieces here and there with tiny black pen dots and lines. Dot center of each eye with white pen; draw two short, curved vertical lines at center of bill for nostrils.
by Regina Easter