Sparkling Cupcake Ornament
size: approx. 1-1/2" tall
- Light pink felt
- Tulip Fashion Glitter*: White Pearl; Pink Jewel; Red Jewel; Black Jewel
- Tulip Glitter Bond*
- Black ribbon, 6” length
- Tulip Multi-Surface Stencil*: Small Cupcake
- Round craft brush
- Sewing needle and black thread
- Fiberfill stuffing
- Straight pins
- Aluminum foil
- *Products by iLoveToCreate
- 1. Cut felt sheet in half crosswise. Peel stencil from backing, making sure to remove all inside pieces.
- 2. Press stencil onto felt then run a finger along inside cut edge to prevent seepage.
- 3. Place scratch paper on work surface.
- 4. Squeeze a small puddle of Fashion Glitter Bond onto foil. Dip brush into glue then carefully apply an even coat to stem of design, making sure not to brush past stencil edges. Immediately pour Black Jewel glitter over stem and pour excess off onto scratch paper for reuse. Repeat step with strips on cupcake bottom.
- 5. Repeat step to fill in cherry with Red Jewel glitter, first layer of frosting with White Pearl and remaining frosting section with Pink Jewel. Carefully remove stencil and let dry.
- 6. A stiff brush can be used to remove excess glitter from surface.
- 7. Loosely cut felt around cupcake design, leaving a 2” border. Place on second section of pink felt. Loop ribbon and pin in place at top of design between layers of felt to create hanger.
- 8. Starting at base of design, use two strands of black thread to sew a small basing stitch about 1/4” from design, catching thread at top to hold in place.
- 9. Before closing bottom of design, lightly stuff, then sew opening closed.
- 10. Carefully cut excess felt from ornament, cutting about 1/4” from stitching.
by Cheryl Ball for iLoveToCreate/Duncan