Rubber Stampers Studio: Floral Birthday Wishes
- Cardstock: Bling Ivory (Bazzill Basics); light purple; white
- Printer paper
- Purple ribbon
- Ivory button
- Stamps: Clear Design Birthday Messages (CL139), Screen Shadow (K5107), Real Salvia (H3257), Real Fuchsia (H3259), A Real Field Wildflower (F2665) (all by Hero Arts); Rubber Stampede Morpho Butterfly and Monarch Butterfly (Delta Creative)
- Ink pads: Soft Sand Shadow Ink (Hero Arts); VersaMark watermark, Royal Purple StazOn, Black Onyx VersaFine (Tsukineko)
- Watercolor markers: light purple; dark purple; fuchsia; orange; yellow; red; green
- Metallic Purple Opaque Stamp N Stuff embossing powder (Stampendous)
- Stickles glitter glue (Ranger): Purple; Orange
- Xpress Shape Cutter and Circle Template, 4-3/4” (Fiskars)
- Detail scissors
- Heat tool
- Clear dimensional adhesive dots
- 1. Make ivory card base. Cut 5-1/4” light purple cardstock square, and 5” and 5-1/2” white cardstock squares. Cut a 4-3/4” circle in center of 5-1/2” square to create circle mask.
- 2. Stamp Fuchsia and Salvia multiple times on printer paper using a dark pigment ink. Cut out two of each stamped image using detail scissors; cut very closely to edges of stamps to create flower masks.
- 3. Place 5-1/4” white square in center of circle mask square; flip over to show circle opening. Ink screen shadow stamp with light tan dye ink; stamp image across top of circle mask, slightly overlapping mask to be sure entire opening gets ink. Repeat until entire circle opening is stamped; leave mask in place.
- 4. Color directly onto Fuchsia stamp with light purple watercolor marker; edge flower with darker purple marker. Color stem green. Huff breath over entire image before stamping. Stamp image at left side of circle; repeat twice more, placing one flower at center and one at right.
- 5. Remove circle mask. Place Fuchsia flower masks over left and center stamped images. Replace circle mask to hold flower masks in place. (Note: Photograph shows flower masks on top of circle mask; they should be placed beneath the circle mask.)
- 6. Color Salvia flower image yellow, orange and red. Color stem green. Huff and stamp on circle over Fuchsia masks, pressing firmly to get good impression.
- 7. Move left Fuchsia flower mask to right stamped Fuchsia flower. Color Salvia stamp same as before and stamp on circle between right and center Fuchsias.
- 8. Remove circle mask. Mask right and center Salvia and Fuchsia flowers. Replace circle mask. Color wildflower stamp with fuchsia and green markers; huff and stamp image along bottom right corner of circle.
- 9. Reposition masks as needed until four wildflowers are stamped along bottom of circle.
- 10. Mat stamped image on purple cardstock and adhere to card base. Stamp sentiment on button using solvent ink. Fold over ribbon and tie in center with twine. Adhere ribbon and button to stamped circle.
- 11. Stamp VersaMark butterflies on vellum; heat emboss with purple metallic powder. Cut out butterflies with detail scissors and adhere to card with adhesive dots.
- 12. Accent flowers with glitter glues; let dry.
by Suzanne Czosek