A Year of Sweets Calendar & Stand
size: stand, 4"x9-1/2"; pages, 6"x6"
- Wooden “Frame Your Imagination” Vertical Album Stand (Taylored Expressions)
- Cardstock: White (Georgia Pacific); Choice Snow White (Taylored Expressions); Pure Poppy (Papertrey Ink)
- Patterned: You & Me (My Mind’s Eye); Boyfriend, Earth Love, Early Bird (Cosmo Cricket); Mellow, Archaic (BasicGrey)
- 2010 Calendar Download (Taylored Expressions)
- Top-loading scrapbook page protectors, 6”, 12 (Taylored Expressions)
- Self-adhesive crystals (Zva Creative)
- Flower accents: small Sparkle Gems (Hero Arts); large Jewels (Maya Road)
- Buttons (Papertrey Ink)
- Brads (Stampin’ Up!): pink/red heart-shaped; red round
- A Year of Sweets stamp sets (Taylored Expressions): Volume 1; Volume 2; Volume 3
- Memento Tuxedo Black dye ink pad (Tsukineko)
- COPIC markers and glitter pens, assorted (Imagination International)
- COPIC Airbrush System (Imagination International)
- Scrapbook Colors acrylic paint (Making Memories): Strawberries & Cream; Manila
- The Wizard Embossing and Die-Cutting System and Nestabilities Dies (Spellbinders): Snowflake Wonder; Labels One, Two and Four; Nested Flowers; Blossom; Star; Classic Circle; Classic and Scalloped Oval
- Craft punches: Threading Water, Apron Lace (Fiskars); Binding Edge, Martha Stewart Crafts Maple Leaf and Simple Scallop Edgers (EK Success)
- Stickles glitter glues, several coordinating colors (Ranger)
- Sewing machine and white thread
- Metal binder rings, 1”, two
- Adhesives: Mod Podge (Plaid); foam tape (X-Press It)
- 1. Paint wooden stand; let dry.
- 2. Decoupage patterned papers onto base and sides of stand; let dry.
- 3. Download and print monthly calendar pages onto white cardstock; trim to 6” square.
- 4. Stamp black cupcake images directly onto calendar pages or white cardstock; use photos as guides.
- 5. Color images with markers and glitter pens; outline images with light gray marker to add depth. Accent images with marker airbrushing, following manufacturer’s instructions. Accent here and there with glitter glues; let dry.
- 6. Die cut and edge emboss images not stamped directly onto calendar pages; use photos as guides.
- 7. Cut and/or punch paper border for each page, as desired; adhere to pages. Adhere die-cut images and desired embellishments to calendar pages as shown, using foam tape.
- 8. Insert calendar pages into scrapbook page protectors; hang with binder rings from wooden stand.
by Sharon Harnist