Vanilla-Scented Cupcake Sachets
- Polka-dot fabric scraps: white/orange; pink/orange
- White fine tulle
- Light pink mini rickrack
- E beads: pink; clear
- Seed beads: pink; orange
- Flower sequins
- Warm Bead Collection Felt Ball (Feltworks)
- Vanilla-scented pellets
- Fiberfill stuffing
- Scrap cereal cardboard
- Circle template
- Sewing needles: standard; fine (to fit through small beads)
- Matching sewing thread
- Optional: Sewing machine and matching thread
- 1. For cupcake base, cut a 2-1/2” circle and 3”x8-1/2” strip from pink polka-dot fabric. Placing right sides together, sew edge of circle to base of strip. Sew two sides of strip together to complete the cylinder.
- 2. Turn piece right side out and place small 2-1/4” cardboard circle inside cylinder and push it down so it rests against the circle base. Fill cylinder halfway with fiberfill stuffing.
- 3. Pour two tablespoons of pellets over fiberfill, top with more fiberfill, and fold any extra fabric around top down over stuffing.
- 4. For top of cupcake, cut 4-1/4” circle from orange polka-dot fabric. Sew around outside of circle. Pull thread to begin gathering edges.
- 5. Stuff top with fiberfill. Place 3” cardboard circle over stuffing. Pull threads tighter to trap cardboard in place.
- 6. Position stuffed top over stuffed base. Hand sew two pieces together. Tie rickrack around hand stitched seam.
- 7. Cut 8”x32” rectangle from tulle. Fold tulle into six 2-1/2”-long loops. Use needle and thread to stitch base of all loops together. (Note: There should be a thread in the middle of and a circle of loops.) Sew shaped tulle frosting to top of cupcake.
- 8. Use remaining thread on needle to stitch bottom of felt ball to center top of tulle frosting. Switch to fine needle and sew a scattering of E beads onto folds of tulle frosting. Sew seed beads over top of felt ball. Sew white flower sequins to tulle, with each one held in place with a single seed bead. Knot thread ends under tulle.
by Heidi Boyd