size: 5" tall
- Striped paper strip (Me and My Big Ideas), 2-1/2”x10”
- CoreColor Cardstock (Coredinations)
- Light pink textured paper
- Yellow paper scrap
- ScrapEssentials (JoAnn): pink border strip; message ribbon
- BW Glitter Blossoms Grand Adhesions Flowers (K&Company), four
- Cutting mat
- Craft knife
- Scoring tool
- Aleene’s Tacky Glue (iLoveToCreate)
- 1. Print out pattern. Cut frosting from pink cardstock, small frosting from textured light pink paper and candle strip from green cardstock.
- 2. Position strip of striped paper wrong side up in front of you. Make first vertical score 5/8” from left edge. Make six more scores all 1-1/2” apart. Cut last flap into 1-3/4”-wide tab. Use craft knife to make 1-3/8” slit in center of first score line for tab to fit inside. Sides of tab will need to fold to fit through slit.
- 3. Working on right side of strip, glue border strip to bottom edge. Carefully bend it around each of the scored folds. Only cover center 9”, trim end to leave 5/8” slit flap uncovered.
- 4. Place message ribbon across center of sections of strip. Sides will fold under to fit into card into envelope.
- 5. Glue small frosting template over large frosting template. Use craft knife to cut 1/2” slit in center of frosting. Adhere four flowers around slit.
- 6. Fold green candle strip in half. Cut corners off either side of fold to create narrow wick candle tip. Slide 1” of candle ends down through slit. Separate ends under frosting and glue them up against large frosting piece.
- 7. Fold yellow paper in half and cut flame template through both layers. Glue flame tip wrong sides together trapping tip of narrow wick fold between the layers. Lay the candle flat against the frosting to place it in the envelope.
by Heidi Boyd