Cupcake Favor Trio
- Matboard (Crescent Cardboard)
- Dowel (Midwest Products), 1/8”
- STYROFOAM Brand Foam Ball (FloraCraft), 3”
- Texture paste
- Glitter and micro beads (for sprinkles)
- Floral tape
- Wired silk leaves
- Silver wire, 18-gauge
- Mini rickrack
- Sizzix Big Shot die cut machine (Ellison)
- Sizzix Scoreboard Cupcake Ruffle Die (Ellison)
- 1. Follow manufacturer’s instructions to cut three cupcake ruffles from matboard pieces measuring 6”x13”. Assemble with brads and glue.
- 2. Cut STYROFOAM ball to fit inside cupcake ruffle. Cover rounded top of ball with texture paste to resemble frosting. Sprinkle with glitter, micro beads or small confetti. Let dry.
- 3. Cut bamboo skewers or dowel to desired length for flower stem. Run a line of glue around top of stem. Start winding party streamer around top of stem, folding streamer over every turn to simulate petals. Tear off when flower is desired size. Wrap floral tape around base of flower. Add floral wired leaves to stem and continue winding tape around length of stem.
- 4. Cut an 8” length from wire and twist ends into tendrils. Wrap center of wire around flower stem.
- 5. Write or stamp sentiment on scrap piece of matboard. Adhere rickrack to edges. Punch hole and cut slit above hole. Thread onto wire tendril.
- 6. Assemble cupcake as shown.
by Eileen Hull