Year of Cards
size: 4-1/4”x 5-1/2”
- Cardstock: blue; red; green; yellow; pink; kraft; white; scraps of metallic silver, orange, black
- Just the Edge Cardstock in Avalanche (Bazzill Basics)
- Patterned paper scraps
- Small crystal adhesive gems
- Small adhesive pearls
- Silver brads
- Metallic glitter alphabet stickers: silver; black
- Confections Collection (Doodlebug Design Inc.): Fancy Frills Sugar-Coated Cardstock Stickers; Cuppy Cakes Jeweled Braddies
- White organza ribbon
- Silk flowers
- Paper leaves
- Stamps: Happy Birthday; Thoughts of You; Celebrate; Flourish; lowercase/uppercase alphabets; spider; Live in the Moment quote (Stamper’s Anonymous)
- Ink pads: black; metallic gold; VersaMark watermark (Tsukineko)
- Clear embossing powder
- Ultra-fine iridescent glitter
- Crystal glitter glue
- Heat tool
- Paper piercer
- Thread Cutter & Paper Distresser tool (Tonic Studios)
- Permanent pens: black; opaque white
- Adhesives: paper glue and small paintbrush; foam adhesive dots
- 1. All cards measure 4-1/4”x5-1/2”. Using photos as guide, make card bases. When adhering border stickers, apply to card, trim excess and return rest of border to sticker sheet for later use.
- Card Box
- 1. Stamp gold flourish across bottom corner. Adhere pink heart border sticker across box top. Punch large red and small blue heart. Add white pen dots to red heart scallops. Apply paper glue to blue heart, sprinkle with glitter and let dry. Adhere blue heart to red with foam dots; adhere red heart to box with foam dots.
- 1. Adhere blue circles border sticker along left edge. Punch and adhere silver star. Punch black circle; adhere with foam dots. Add date with silver stickers; outline with black pen. Stamp black “Happy.” Hand-cut tiny silver martini glass; adhere to card. Hand-cut silver wedge shape for liquid, ink entire piece gold and heat emboss with clear powder for shiny look; adhere liquid to glass. Adhere gem “swizzle stick” to glass; cut and adhere one blue border circle behind top gem.
- 1. Adhere white “icing” border sticker along left edge. Punch pink square and large white scalloped heart. Apply paper glue to heart, sprinkle with glitter and let dry. Outline pink square with white stitch lines. Mat square on larger kraft square using foam dots; distress edges. Adhere heart to squares, insert pink cupcake brad and adhere layered piece to card. Stamp VersaMark sentiment; heat emboss with clear powder.
- 1. Adhere white scalloped cardstock border strip across bottom of card; trim excess. Adhere green/white dot border sticker over top edge of border. Punch four large white scalloped hearts and four small green hearts. Ink white heart edges gold. Apply paper glue to green hearts, sprinkle with glitter and let dry. Adhere white hearts to card as shown to form clover shape; adhere green hearts with foam dots.
- 1. Adhere polka dot border sticker across bottom of card. Round card corners. Hand-cut two orange carrot shapes. Detail carrots with paper glue, sprinkle with glitter and let dry. Cut green rickrack border sticker into several short lengths for carrot leaves and adhere to card as shown. Adhere carrots over bottom of leaves using foam dots. Tie ribbon bow; adhere where carrots and leaves meet. Stamp black sentiment.
- 1. Tear paper strip and adhere to left side of card. Adhere several flowers to bottom half of card; adhere pearl centers. Cut small slit in card fold and insert ribbon through hole; tie bow over flower cluster. Adhere paper leaves around flowers. Stamp black sentiment on kraft cardstock, trim and round edges; ink edges gold. Adhere sentiment to card with foam dots. Stamp gold “MOM” above sentiment.
- 1. Cut paper strip and adhere to left side of card. Round two opposite corners. Stamp black sentiment on kraft cardstock; trim and tear ends. Insert five brads along bottom edge. Adhere to card with foam dots. Punch silver star, small blue circle and large green circle; punch small circle from center of large circle. Adhere shapes to card and letter stickers inside shapes.
- 1. Stamp VersaMark “celebrate” across center of card; heat emboss with clear powder. Adhere white “icing” border sticker to red cardstock; trim to 1/2”x5-1/4”and mat on larger white strip. Adhere strips to center bottom of card. Punch three blue stars, ink stars with VersaMark and sprinkle with clear embossing powder; heat until raised and shiny. Adhere stars to card with foam dots; add letter stickers and gems.
- 1. Adhere cupcake border sticker across bottom of card. Stamp black sentiment on pink cardstock, trim and adhere to top of card on slight angle. Tie ribbon into bow around top of card, again on slight angle. Punch large yellow and small green circles, layer and insert blue cupcake brad; adhere to card with foam dots. Round top corners of card.
- 1. Cut 2-3/4” square from patterned paper; punch large square from center. Adhere frame to card. Adhere blue circles border sticker across card. Dot centers with white pen. Spell sentiment with silver alphabet stickers; outline with white pen. Punch silver star, detail with white pen and adhere inside frame with foam dots.
- 1. Adhere two rows of candy border sticker across top of card; cut and reserve one candy. Stamp and clear emboss black spider near bottom right. Adhere single candy to one leg. Draw black “web” line from candy border to spider. Round bottom corners of card. Adhere gem eyes to spider. Highlight body and web line with glitter glue; let dry.
- 1. Stamp gold flourish at bottom left. Hand-cut red heart and crumple up; smooth out. Stamp black sentiment on heart; adhere over flourish with foam dots. Stamp black sentiment at top right.
- 1. Adhere white cardstock border strips across top and bottom of card with foam dots; trim excess. Adhere pink/white dot border sticker over top and bottom edges of cardstock strips. Punch large red, large white and small pink circles for ornaments. Detail with border sticker pieces and gems. Adhere to card with foam dots. For hangers, cut three individual scallops from border sticker; adhere to card as shown. Draw white “hangers” from top border down to ornaments.
by Dawn Gehring