Ice Cream Party Invite & Favor Set
size: invitation, 4"x5" (5"x12" opened); favor, 5-1/2" tall
- Cardstock: red; Cryogen White Curious Iridescent (Arjo Wiggins)
- Heart Love Notes patterned (Making Memories)
- White printer paper
- Plain A2 white envelope, 4-3/8”x5-3/4”
- Sheer red picot-edge ribbon (Michaels)
- Kim Hughes Girly stamp set (Cornish Heritage Farms)
- VersaFine Onyx Black pigment ink pad (Tsukineko)
- Clear embossing powder
- Crystal Chunky Glitter (Impress Rubber Stamps)
- Aleene’s Clear Paper Glaze (iLoveToCreate)
- COPIC markers (Imagination International)
- Craft punches: Paper Shapers X-Large 2-3/4” Circle Nesting Punch, X-Large 3” Circle Scallop Nesting Punch (EK Success); Corner Rounder (Fiskars); 1/8” Hole (McGill, Inc.)
- Scor-Pal Tool (Scor-Pal)
- Bone folder
- Heat tool
- Scissors: detail; scallop-edge decorative
- Computer with printer and optional Ducky Cowgirl font
- Foam adhesive tape
- Candy or other favor of choice
- 1. Cut 5”x12” red cardstock piece. Use Scor-Pal Tool to score at 4” and 8” from one short end. Accordion fold cardstock on score lines. Cut three 3-3/4”x4-3/4” pieces from hearts paper, round corners and adhere to card panels.
- 2. Format invitation wording on computer to fit second and third card panels; print onto white paper. Cut out wording and round corners; adhere to card panels.
- 3. Stamp Onyx Black ice cream cone and one extra cherry onto white cardstock; heat emboss with clear powder. Using photo as guide, color images with markers. Designer Tip: Clear embossing is a must with this ink and COPIC marker techniques; if image will not be embossed, use Memento dye inks by Tsukineko.
- 4. Punch stamped ice cream cone image into circle; punch scalloped circle from red cardstock. Adhere circles together. Coat ice cream portion with Paper Glaze and sprinkle with generous coating of glitter; shake off excess and return to container. Coat cherries with Paper Glaze for epoxy look; let dry completely. Cut out second cherry with detail scissors.
- 5. Cut small slit in first fold of card and tie ribbon bow around card front near left edge. Adhere ice cream circle over ribbon with foam tape. Adhere extra cherry to top of wording on third panel.
- Favor Bag
- 1. Glue envelope flap shut. Cut 1/2” from one short end using scallop-edge scissors to create open end of bag.
- 2. Score three remaining sides of envelope 3/4” from edges using Scor-Pal Tool. Fold and firmly crease lines using a bone folder. Large center area will be front of bag.
- 3. Stamp image, emboss, color and apply glitter in same way as invitation.
- 4. Open envelope by inserting hand gently into open end. Use fingers to form bag by gently pushing in sides and bottom. Fold in “extra” points at bottom of bag toward center, creasing edges firmly; glue points in place to form bag bottom.
- 5. Punch two holes close together at top of bag, fill and tie ribbon through holes.
by Linda Beeson