Kid's Sewn Valentine Holder
- National Nonwovens WoolFelt: 22"x28" Barnyard Red, 8"x16" Shocking Pink
- White medium rick rack
- Polyform: Sculpey Premo!: Pomegranate; Sculpey III: Ballerina; Premo! Accents: Silver
- Pink embroidery floss
scissors, ruler or measuring tape, sewing machine, craft knife
- Scalloped rotary cutter and self-healing mat
- Small metal alphabet stamps
- Embroidery needle
- Clay-dedicated rolling pin
- Parchment-lined baking sheet
- Hot glue gun and sticks
- 1. Print out patterns. Cut layered heart shape from cardstock scraps. Cut largest heart on layered heart from Shocking Pink felt.
- 2. Roll Ballerina, Pomegranate, and Silver clay separately with clay-dedicated rolling pin on parchment-lined baking sheet. Cut double-heart shape and small hearts from clay by tracing around cardstock patterns and using craft knife to cut out.
- 3. Form Silver clay arrow by rolling log and cutting triangle for tip. Cut arrow in half and press half of arrow at angle on double heart. Press other half of arrow at angle under top of double heart.
- 4. Stamp words: "friend," "kiss," and "love" on each small heart using metal stamps.
- 5. Follow manufacturer's instructions to bake hearts and arrow on parchment-lined baking sheet in oven. Let cool completely.
- 6. Cut 7"x12" (front panel) and 12"x16" (back panel) Barnyard Red rectangles using scallop-edge rotary cutter and self-healing mat. Fold 12"x16" rectangle in half lengthwise. Measure 4” down from selvage edge and cut with rotary cutter and straight edge back towards top folded center. (Note: This creates envelope flap.) Cut two 1-1/2"x16" strips (straps) from Shocking Pink felt with scallop-edge rotary cutter.
- 7. Thread embroidery needle with Hot Pink Floss. Sew front panel of envelope to back envelope piece using straight stitch. Continue to stitch along pointed flap of envelope.
- 8. Embroider child's name using backstitch on center of holder.
- 9. Machine stitch rick rack along bottom edge of envelope flap.
- 10. Hot glue pink straps onto back of holder. Let cool. Hot glue felt heart on left side of holder. Hot glue clay double-heart with arrow on top of felt heart. Hot glue clay hearts on right side of holder. Let cool.
by April Moffatt