Circle of Hearts Vase
- Glass vase or jar
- Sculpey III polymer clay*: Red Hot Red; Spring Lilac; Violet
- Ultra-fine iridescent glitter
- Glass or ceramic work surface
- Sculpey Super Slicer*
- Shallow dish
- Parchment-lined baking sheet
- *Products by Polyform Products
- 1. Follow manufacturer’s instructions to condition full bar Red Hot Red and half bars Spring Lilac and Violet. Keep colors separate.
- 2. Divide Red Hot Red in half. Roll one half into log, flatten, and press around vase neck or jar threads. Overlap ends and smooth.
- 3. Roll 1/2” balls from remaining conditioned clay. Shape each ball into teardrop. Press like-color teardrops firmly together to make hearts.
- 4. Pour glitter into shallow dish. Dip heart fronts into glitter, then press heart backs lightly onto clay ring on vase. When satisfied with design, press hearts firmly to adhere. Place on parchment-lined baking sheet.
- 5. Adjust oven rack so vase fits inside standing up. Follow manufacturer’s instructions to bake vase in oven. Let cool completely before removing from oven.
by Amy Koranek for Polyform Products