Balsam Bird Sachets
- Red velvet
- White cotton
- Green satin ribbon
- Vermont Balsam (www.VTbalsam.com)
- Americana Acrylic Paints (DecoArt): Avocado; Asphaltum; Blue/Grey Mist; Santa Red
- Sparrow stencil (StenSource)
- Stencil adhesive
- Stencil brushes
- Sewing needle and matching thread
- Straight pins
- Fabri-Tac Permanent Adhesive (Beacon Adhesives)
- 1. Cut desired size rectangles from velvet. Sew 1/4" hem along top edge. Pin material together with right sides facing; sew, leaving top open. Turn right side out.
- 2. Adhere stencil to white fabric. Stencil birds as desired. Let dry. Sew 1/4” line around image and fray edges. Glue stenciled image onto sachet.
- 3. Place balsam fir tips inside sachet and tie with ribbon.
by Niki Meiners