approx. finished size: 5-3/4”x5-3/4”; stitch count: 50 w x 50 h
- 12”x12” Lambswool 18-count Linen
- Perle Cotton (DMC)
- Gold Rush (Rainbow Gallery)
- Fuzzy Stuff (Rainbow Gallery)
- Santa’s Hat Button (The Stitchworks)
- Mill Hill Small Bugle Beads (82050, 72020) (Wichelt Imports, Inc.)
- Mill Hill Glass Seed Bead (00557) (Wichelt Imports, Inc.)
Backstitch : 1 strand
Cross-stitch : 1 strand
- 1. Stitch design centered on fabric over two threads. (Note: Mix red and green bugle beads as shown or as you desire.)
- 2. To finish as easel, measure 1/2” from stitching around all sides. Cut 2 pieces of matboard same size. Cut matboard 2 times height of matboard just cut. Cut 2 pieces of batting and layer and glue on 1 matboard. Cut one piece of fabric 1” bigger than matboard. Glue in place with fabric glue (pull fabric tight and miter corners to keep from getting too bulky). Pull fabric to back side and glue being careful to keep glue away from edges of matboard. Tape fabric edges with Linen tape. Center stitching on front unit. Use pins to keep straight and glue in place (gluing sides first then top and bottom).
- 3. For easel, cut fabric 6” wide and add 6” to length of easel. Place easel 1-1/2” from top edge of fabric. Bring one side of fabric to edge of matboard easel and glue to edge of matboard. Gold other edge in half and press. Bring side over and glue all the way down fabric (this will only go over half way). Center easel on fabric-covered matboard (back). Bring 1-1/2” over to wrong side of back and glue and tape in place.
- 4. Place design piece in front of back with easel tail set in front to designed angle of easel. Bring edge up on wrong side of back and glue and tape. Place twisted cord on lower right side of back of design and tape in place. Sew front to back unit using matching thread starting at lower left front side and slipstitch edges together picking up a little fabric from each edge. (Make sure you keep design straight when you stitch.) Stop stitching 2” from end. Run cording around edge and trim to size needed. Glue cording around edge holding in place with T-pins. Let dry 24 hours.
for The Stitchworks