St. Patrick's Cross-stitch Greeting Card
size: 2-3/4"x4-3/4" (on perforated paper); stitch count: 36 w x 63 h
- 14-count perforated paper
- DMC 6-strand Embroidery Floss
- Blank card (with 3”x5” opening)
Backstitch : varies
Cross-stitch : 3 strands
French Knot : 2 strands (wrapped two times)
- Paper adhesive
- 1. Stitching on perforated paper is as easy as stitching on Aida. Unless designs are over two holes, it is not possible to stitch designs with quarter stitches; however, backstitching is easy. The special perforated paper for stitching is durable but keeps stitches at an even tension which avoids distorting the holes.
- St. Patrick's Day Card
- 1. Stitch design centered on perforated paper. When working French Knots, come up and go down in adjoining holes, so French Knot sits between two holes.
- 2. Backstitch as follows: DMC 310 - (1X) all backstitching not set out below; DMC 301 - (2X) leprechaun's eyes/nose/mouth; DMC 934 - (1X) 4-leaf clover and words "Leprechaun", "Pot O Gold", "Shamrock & "Irish"; DMC 934 - (2X) word "Lucky"; DMC 3362 - (2X) words "Dance A Jig"; DMC 3363 - (2X) word "Green".
- 3. Trim around stitched design 1/2" larger than card opening. Position and adhere design inside card front so design is visible through opening.
by Jo Gatenby for X's and Oh's