Friends Are Angels
approx. finished size: 7"x9-1/8"; stitch count: 98 w x 128 h
- 13”x15” Cameo Peach Jobelan (Wichelt Imports, Inc.)
- 6-strand Embroidery Floss (DMC)
- #4 Very Fine Braid (Kreinik Mfg. Co., Inc.)
- Mill Hill Magnifica Glass Bead (Wichelt Imports, Inc.)
- Heart Button (3337T) (Just Another Button Co.)
Backstitch/Straight Stitch : 2 strands
Blended Needle : 1 strand each color
Cross-stitch : 2 strands or as indicated in key
- 1. Stitch design centered on fabric. (Note: Attach beads, buttons and backstitch flowers and leaves after sandwiching piece. Backstitch around angels and hearts through all layers.)
- 1. Sandwich stitched fabric with batting and muslin. Baste near edge through all three layers. NOTE: Attach beads, buttons, backstitch flowers and leaves at this time. Backstitch angels and hearts at this time.
- 2. Cut 2-1/2” wide strips from coordinating fabric. Draw pencil lines 1” outside stitched area on front of stitched piece. Add backing fabric to back and sandwich piece, right side down. Place 2-1/2” strip on drawn line on side of stitching, right sides together and sew using 1/4” seam allowance. Sew between horizontal lines. Cut off excess.
- 3. Complete for other side. Repeat same technique for top and bottom.
- 4. Trim batting, muslin, and backing 1/4” beyond finished top on all sides.
- 5. Cut 2-1/4” strips of needed length for binding; fold in half and sew to right-side of stitched fabric. Turn over edge and hand sew to back.
by Jackie Hendricks