Butterfly Buggy Birth Announcement
approx. finished size: 7-1/8"x9"; stitch count: 101 w x 127 h
- 14”x15” Bo-Peep Pink 28-count Cashel Linen (Zweigart)
- 6-strand Embroidery Floss (DMC)
- Teeny Weeny Melon (TW-151) & Lavender (TW-104) Buttons (Hillcreek Designs)
- Ribbon Floss Soft Pink & White (Home Stead Needle Arts)
- Frame: Stephen’s Frame Shop
Backstitch : 1 strand
Cross-stitch : 2 strands
- 1. Stitch design centered on fabric over two threads.
- 2. Attach buttons to flower centers as seen in picture. “Flowing Bow”: Thread 18” length of white ribbon floss through large eye tapestry needle. Put needle down through fabric bringing needle back up. Remove needle; even up ribbon ends. Tie bow and tack center using 1 strand DMC B5200. Repeat process using pink ribbon creating pink bow on top of white bow; tack. Run ends of “bow streamers” as desired down through fabric loosely to add dimension securing ends on back of fabric. Attach melon button at center of bow using 1 strand DMC 738. NOTE: Use 1 strand coordinating floss to tack down streamers to further secure for mounting.
by Lynda Watkins/Angie Williams for Fresh Threads Studio