approx. finished size: 10-1/8"x10"; stitch count: 142 w x 140 h
- 17”x16” White 14-count Aida (DMC)
- 6-strand Embroidery Floss (DMC)
- 3/8 yd. decorative fabric
Cross-stitch : 2 strands
- 1. Stitch design centered on fabric.
- 2. Trim stitched Aida 13 squares from stitched border.
- 3. Cut four strips of decorative cotton fabric 2” x 15”. Sew one strip to each side of design nine squares from stitched border; trim fabric even with edge of Aida.
- 4. Sew one strip to top and one to bottom of design nine squares from stitched border extending across fabric sewn to sides. NOTE: Use 1/4” seam allowance.
- 5. Make a fabric sandwich placing stitched piece right-side up, batting, and backing fabric wrong-side facing batting. Sew around all four sides leaving a 3” opening at bottom. Turn right-side out; press. Stitch opening closed.
by Ursula Michael