Wool Felt Forever Flowers
- National Nonwovens WoolFelt: Strawberry Dream, White, Barnyard Red, Honey Mustard
- Polyform Sculpey Premo! Clay: Sunshine
- Floral picks
scissors, craft knife
- Clay-dedicated rolling pin
- Parchment-lined baking sheet
- Hot glue gun and sticks
- 1. Print out full-size pattern.
- 2. Cut 12-1/3"-wide strips of White felt into varying lengths; roll lengths up and secure with hot glue. Create eight flowers in varying sizes. Cut leaves from Honey Mustard felt and hot glue leaves onto bottom of white flowers. Attach each flower using hot glue to florist pick, securing onto pick by wrapping wire through scrap material and then gluing onto bottom of flower. Let cool and set aside.
- 3. For each large flower, cut 18 large Strawberry Dream petals, eight medium Barnyard Red petals, 1"x7" Strawberry Dream strip, and 2"-diameter Strawberry Dream circle.
- 4. Make petals by folding outside edge over 1/3 of way and secure with hot glue. Fold other edge over 1/3 of way and secure with hot glue. Repeat process for all petals.
- 5. Hot glue Strawberry Dream petals around 2"-diameter circle. When dry, turn over and repeat, positioning petals in circular fashion by altering placement so all gaps are filled. Let cool.
- 6. Turn petal-circle back over and hot glue Barnyard Red petals on top of Strawberry Dream petals in circular fashion, alternating petals to fill in gaps. Let cool.
- 7. Roll Sunshine clay into 1/8"-thick sheet and cut out 8"x1-1/4" rectangle, creating stamen center. Fold rectangle over lengthwise and carefully press ends together. Using craft knife, cut slices in folded edge about 1/4" down. Beginning at one end, roll up cut slices lengthwise. Follow manufacturer's instructions to bake stamens on parchment-lined baking sheet in oven. Let cool. Hot glue clay stamen onto center of flower.
- 8. Cut 10"x1-1/4" Strawberry Dream felt rectangle. Fold rectangle in half lengthwise and snip every 1/4" down folded edge. Wrap rectangle around clay stamen to cover bottom edge; adhere with hot glue. Let cool.
- 9. Attach flowers onto florist picks by wrapping felt scrap around wire end. Hot glue felt scrap to secure.
by April Moffatt