Winters Cardinal Tea Towel
- White kitchen towel, 15"x25"
- National Nonwovens WoolFelt: Cottage Red, Moss Green, Aged Bronze
- Fabric scraps: white muslin, red cotton print
- Offray Ocean Blue ribbon
- Flat-backed acrylic rhinestone, 8mm
pencil, scissors,stencil brush, iron, wooden skewer
- Jacquard Products Textile Colors: Ruby Red, Brown
- Black pigment ink
- Rubber stamp in sentiment of choice
- The Crafter's Workshop Stencil Birds (#TCW185)
- Ellison Sizzix BigShot Die Cutting Machine and Die: 3-D Flower
- Sewing machine and thread
- The Warm Company Lite Steam-A-Seam
- Aleene's: Liquid Fusion, Fabric Fusion
- 1. Folding towel into thirds, use Ruby Red textile paint and Stencil Birds to stencil bird on front of towel. Use Brown textile paint for branches. Let paint dry.
- 2. Follow manufacturer's instructions to fuse fabric scraps and Cottage Red and Moss Green wool felt to fusible webbing using iron and pressing surface.
- 3. Print out pattern. Trace leaves on Moss Green fused-felt on paper backing. Trace six 1/2" circles on Cottage Red fused-felt on paper backing. Trace 3"x1-1/4" rectangle on red fused-fabric on paper backing and 2-1/4"x1" rectangle on white fused-muslin on paper backing. Cut out all pieces.
- 4. Use sentiment stamp and black pigment ink to stamp white muslin. Use iron and pressing surface to heatset ink on medium setting. Refer to photo to fuse all pieces on towel. Machine stitch over pieces and berries on towel.
- 5. Use machine and die to cut one small flower from Aged Bronze felt. Refer to manufacturer's instructions to roll flower around wooden skewer, gluing in place with fabric glue. Set aside.
- 6. Cut ribbon to 16" length and sew ruffle using sewing machine. Sew ribbon on towel using sewing machine. Glue fabric flower on towel with fabric glue. Glue rhinestone on flower center using liquid glue.
by Melony Bradley