Owl Cup Cozy
- Coffee cup and wrapper
- Wool Felt (National Nonwovens) or felt in colors of choice
- Coordinating buttons
- Embroidery floss in colors of choice
- Sizzix items (Ellison): BIGkick or Big Shot Machine; Sizzlits Dies: Leaves #5; Owl
- Embroidery Needle
- Felting block
- Needle felting tool
- Hot glue gun and glue sticks
- Optional: Sewing machine and matching thread
- 1. Trace coffee wrapper onto felt; cut out.
- 2. Die cut owl and leaves from felt or wool felt only. Add one sheet of paper to top of cutting pad to produce a clean cut in felt.
- 3. Place owl and leaves where desired onto felt wrapper. Use felting tool to ingrain shape into wrapper as indicated on manufacturer’s instructions. Stitch center of leaves and around owl, if desired.
- 4. Sew buttons to wrapper.
- 5. Use three strands of embroidery floss to blanket stitch edges of wrapper.
- 6. Wrap cozy around cup and hot glue ends together.