Vintage Adorned Cuff
- Fabrics, 12” squares, two: tea-dyed muslin; crinoline; osanburg
- Andorra Lt. Peach Butterfly (Prima Marketing)
- Beads, 6mm, six
- Mother of Pearl buttons, 1/4”, two
- Cream button, 1/2”
- Tea-dyed cheesecloth scraps
- Cream button thread
- Script rubber stamp
- Black Staz-On Ink Pad (Tsukineko)
- Sewing needle
- Sewing machine and cream thread
- Iron and pressing board
- 1. Measure wrist to determine size of cuff and add 1”.
- 2. Cut or tear muslin (strips), crinoline and osanburg fabrics to determined size of cut (determined length x 2” wide).
- 3. Stamp crinoline with script design.
- 4. Layer osanburg, muslin and crinoline strips in order, and pin in place.
- 5. Using pink thread, machine sew zigzag stitches around raw edge of strips.
- 6. Pin cheesecloth to cuff and secure with machine stitched design.
- 7. Follow manufacturer’s instructions to create a button hole on one side of cuff with cream thread.
- 8. Sew button to cuff on opposite side of cuff.
- 9. Stitch butterfly to center of cuff with button thread.
- 10. Use photo as guide to sew beads and button to cuff.
by Rebekah Meier