Santa’s Irresistible Delights
- DecoArt: Americana Acrylics: Antique Green, Antique Mauve, Antique White, Avocado Dip, Boysenberry Pink, Cool White, Deep Burgundy, Hi-Lite Flesh, Lamp (Ebony) Black, Light Cinnamon, Plantation Pine, Prussian Blue, Traditional Burnt Umber; Dazzling Metallics: Champagne Gold; Craft Twinkles: Crystal
- Brushes: FM Dynasty: Black Gold, Series 206: Flat Wash, 1"; Shader, #2, #4, #6, #10; Angular, 1/8", 1/4", 3/8", 1/2"; Liner, #1; Decorator Collection: Dry Brush, Series 200, #6, #12
- DecoArt Americana: Acrylic Multi-Purpose Sealer; Americana Acrylic Sealer/Finisher, Matte
- Glass glitter, clear
- Fabric or ribbon of choice
- Small Lacey Banner (#WT302) from Coyote Woodworks
- 1. Use flat wash and mix of multi-purpose sealer + Prussian Blue to base front and side edges of banner avoiding lace area. In same manner, base lace area Deep Burgundy. Sand lightly with finegrit sandpaper; wipe dust. Base banner again with full strength paints. Use sea wool sponge to sponge Cool White over entire front of banner. Use ruler or pattern to draw a 13/16"-wide border on each side of banner top. Use #10 shader to base borders Antique White for opaque coverage.
- 2. Use Cool White and #2 shader to paint checked border along top edge of lace; use liner to add squiggly line along bottom and side edges. Use Cool White and #4 shader to paint checked border along cut side and top edges of banner top.
- 3. Print out pattern; transfer basic pattern lines onto front of plaque. (Transfer details as needed.)
- Gingerbread Border
- 1. Candy Canes: Use #4 shader and Cool White to base each candy cane. Use #2 shader to paint alternating stripes in Deep Burgundy, Boysenberry Pink, and Avocado Dip. Use 1/4" angular to shade Black Plum along top and bottom edges. Use 1/8" angular to float Cool White highlight shine through center of each candy cane.
- 2. Gingerbread: Use #2 shader to base Lt. Cinnamon. Use 1/4" angular and Traditional Burnt Umber to shade gingerbread and each corner of gingerbread box. Use #6 dry brush to tap Boysenberry Pink cheeks. Use stylus and Lamp Black to dot eyes; for hearts place two dots side-by-side then drag through center for point. Line squiggly Cool White frosting.
- 1. Use #4 shader to base face Hi-Lite Flesh. Use 1/4" angular and Antique Mauve to shade face, and to float cheeks and nose. Use liner to add Cool White highlight shine lines on cheeks and nose. Paint eyes Lamp Black; add Cool White highlight dots. Use liner to pounce Cool White eyebrows.
- 2. Use #6 and #8 shaders to base red areas of suit and hat Deep Burgundy; use 3/8" and 1/2" angulars to shade Black Plum and highlight Boysenberry Pink. Add Cool White polka-dots. Use #6 shader to base jacket border Antique White and use 3/8" angular to shade Traditional Burnt Umber. Paint gingerbread in same manner as in side borders. Use #4 shader to base boots Antique Green; use 3/8" angular to shade Plantation Pine and highlight Avocado Dip. Use Champagne Gold to paint laces and dot buttons.
- 3. For fur and hair, use #6 dry brush for smaller areas and #12 for larger. Use Cool White to tap in areas. Use brush mix of Cool White and a touch of Traditional Burnt Umber to lightly tap fur areas. Use brush mix of Cool White and Prussian Blue to lightly tap in hair areas avoiding mustache. Dot buttons Champagne Gold.
- Holly Leaves
- 1. Use #4 shader for large leaves and #2 for small leaves on hat and coat. Base leaves Avocado Dip. Use 1/8" and 3/8" angulars to shade Plantation Pine along back ends and bottom edges of each leaf; float Antique Mauve on opposite edges of shading. Highlight leaf tips Cool White. Use liner and thinned Plantation Pine to add vein lines. Use 1/4" angular and Traditional Burnt Umber to shade around leaves on coat.
- Pine Boughs
- 1. Use liner and thinned Traditional Burnt Umber to paint branches. Line needles with thinned Plantation Pine, Avocado Dip, and Cool White. Use stylus to dot berries Deep Burgundy. Randomly dot Cool White snow flakes throughout pine branches.
- 1. Lightly spray two to three sealer coats. Apply Crystal Craft Twinkles to holly leaves and pine boughs; while wet, lightly sprinkle with glitter. Use fabric or ribbon of choice to hang banner.
by Kim Christmas