- Delta Ceramcoat Acrylics, for each: Black, Black Green, Bright Red, Brown Iron Oxide, Butter Cream, Citrus, Empire Gold, Lima Green, Maple Sugar Tan, Mendocino Red, Raw Sienna, Seminole Green, White; For bear: Luscious Lemon, Tomato Spice; For moose: Burnt Sienna
- Brushes: Loew-Cornell: Comfort: Round, Series 3000, #3, #4; Shader, Series 3300, #6, #10; Script Liner, Series 3050, #1; Specialty: Deerfoot Stippler Russian Fitch, Series 410, 3/8"
- Delta Ceramcoat All-Purpose Sealer; Interior Varnish, Matte
- Sock Ornament Cutout
- Sakura Black Pigma Permanent Ink Pen, .03
- 1. Sand surface with fine grit sandpaper; wipe dust. Apply all-purpose sealer; let dry. Print out patterns; transfer basic pattern lines. (Transfer details as needed.)
- Mid-Sock Area
- 1. Base Brown Iron Oxide; stipple Maple Sugar Tan and White. Stipple more White around outer edges of moose or bear, holly, and candy cane.
- Top of Sock, Heel, and Toe
- 1. Base areas Butter Cream. Base center of bear heel Tomato Spice; shade Mendocino Red. Shade Butter Cream areas Maple Sugar Tan making sure to float vertical ridges on top of sock; highlight areas White.
- Candy Cane
- 1. Base red sections Bright Red; shade Mendocino Red. Base white sections White. Add White highlight shine along back edge of candy cane.
- Holly and Pine Sprigs
- 1. Base holly Seminole Green; shade Black Green and highlight Lima Green. Line pine sprigs Seminole Green and Lima Green. Dot berries Bright Red; add Black dots. Line branches Brown Iron Oxide.
- 1. Base star Citrus; shade Empire Gold, and use White to highlight and add C-stroke highlight shine.
- 2. Use Burnt Sienna to base head and hair above hooves; use Brown Iron Oxide to shade and form nostrils. Paint eyes Black. Base antlers Maple Sugar Tan; shade Raw Sienna and highlight White. Base hooves Black; highlight White.
- 1. Base muzzle Maple Sugar Tan; shade Raw Sienna. Base head, ears, and paws Brown Iron Oxide; shade Black. Base nose Black; highlight White and add C-stroke highlight shine.
- 2. Base scarf Luscious Lemon; shade Empire Gold. Add Citrus fold lines. Highlight scarf White.
- 1. Paint thinned White lines; dot ends with full strength White. Use stylus to add random White tri-dots.
- 1. Spatter entire surface White; let dry. Use permanent pen to add all detailing and line work.
- 2. Apply varnish coats. Use ribbon or twine for hanger.
by Lori Cagle