Double Double, Toil & Trouble
- DecoArt Americana Acrylics: Bahama Blue, Burnt Umber, Citron Green, Cocoa, Desert Turquoise, Dioxazine Purple, Graphite, Hauser Light Green, Lamp (Ebony) Black, Light Mocha, Napa Red, Plantation Pine, Royal Fuchsia, Slate Grey
- Brushes: Royal & Langnickel: Royal Fusion: Angular, Series 3160, 5/8"; Filbert, Series R3170, #10; Shader, Series R3150, #8; Long Liner, Series 3585, #10/0; Round, Series R3250, #3; Glaze/Wash, Series R3700, 1/2"; Aqualon: Oval Wash, Series R2950, 1"
- DecoArt JansenArt Traditions Varnish, Satin
- Pumpkin Stool (M-166) from Creative Woodworks
- Foam roller, 2"
- Halloween Hauntings Stencil Screen Set (TA005)
- 1. Use foam roller and Dioxazine Purple to base top and sides of stool. Let dry. Working one side of stool at a time, apply second coat; while wet, place spider web stencil on side in lower left corner, then load front of roller with Desert Turquoise and roller slip-slap stool side working over stencil to create an eerie background, but being careful to not over blend. Repeat for remaining sides.
- 2. Base stool legs Lamp Black. Let dry. Use Hauser Lt. Green to add 1/2" bands along bottom of legs.
- 3. Print out pattern. Transfer web pattern on stool legs in alternating corners. Use thinned Desert Turquoise to line webs; add Bahama Blue accent dashes.
- 4. Transfer remaining basic pattern lines. (Transfer details as needed.)
- 1. Dry brush Plantation Pine; dry brush Hauser Lt. Green highlights and then add final Citron Green dry brush highlights. Base eyes Lt. Mocha. Use Lamp Black to dot pupils and add face detailing.
- 2. Dry brush hat Desert Turquoise; dry brush Bahama Blue highlights. Dry brush hatband Napa Red; dry brush Royal Fuchsia highlights.
- 1. Dry brush Graphite; dry brush Slate Grey highlights and add Royal Fuchsia dry brush accents. Float Lamp Black shadows.
- 2. Base spoon and sign Burnt Umber; dry brush Cocoa highlights. Add Burnt Umber detailing.
- 3. Base bubbles Plantation Pine; C-stroke float Hauser Lt. Green highlight along left sides.
- 1. Base Plantation Pine; dry brush bottom of letters Hauser Lt. Green. Repeat with Citron Green if needed. Line Desert Turquoise back shadows to left of letters; add Bahama Blue highlight accents.
- 1. Apply several varnish coats over surface.
by Patricia Rawlinson