Attack Cat On Duty!
- DecoArt Americana Acrylics: Boysenberry Pink, Cherry Red, Foliage Green, Georgia Clay, Hauser Dark Green, Hauser Light Green, Hauser Medium Green, Lamp (Ebony) Black, Lavender, Moon Yellow, Purple Cow, Raw Sienna, Rookwood Red, Saffron Yellow, Slate Grey, Snow (Titanium) White, Spa Blue, Wedgewood Blue
- Brushes: Royal & Langnickel: Golden Taklon: Glaze Wash, Series R700, 3/4"; Angular, Series R160, 3/8"; Filbert, Series R170, #8, Round, Series R350, #4; Monogram Liner, Series R595, #10/0; Royal Soft-Grip: White Nylon Blending Mop, Series SG1400, 1/2"
- DecoArt Americana Acrylic Sealer/Finisher, Matte
- Exterior varnish of choice
- Curved scalloped brick edger (12"x5"x2") available through lawn and garden centers
- 1. Clean surface with damp cloth, removing foreign debris. Base entire brick Lamp Black. Print out patterns; transfer basic pattern lines onto front, back, top, and sides of paver. (Transfer details as needed.)
- 1. Use Slate Grey to base face, paws, backend, and tail; use mix of Lamp Black + Slate Grey (1:1) to shade along edges of each and to shade toe lines. Use Snow White to base face stripes, paw stripes, and tail end; shade Slate Grey. Use Boysenberry Pink to base nose and to shade base of ears. Shade nose Rookwood Red and highlight Snow White; add highlight dot. Paint eyes Snow White and pupils Lamp Black; shade bottom of eyes Hauser Med. Green; add Snow White highlight dot. Use Lamp Black to add face details. Use mix of Lamp Black + Slate Grey (1:1) to shade along right side and bottom of eyes, along bottom of nose, and along right side of mouth line.
- Grass Blades
- 1. Using photos as guide, base blades with all three Hauser Green colors, alternating shades. Shade Hauser Lt. Green blades with Hauser Med. Green, shade Hauser Med. Green blades with Hauser Dk. Green, and shade Hauser Dk. Green blades with Lamp Black.
- 2. For lightest blades, use Hauser Dk. Green for line work, for medium blades, use Hauser Lt. Green, and for darkest blades, use Hauser Lt. Green.
- 1. Blue Flowers: Base Spa Blue; shade with mix of Spa Blue + Wedgewood Blue (1:1) and highlight Snow White.
- 2. Purple Flowers: Base Purple Cow; shade Lavender and highlight Snow White
- 3. Flower Centers: Base Moon Yellow; shade Saffron Yellow and highlight Snow White. Add Snow White dipdots at top.
- 4. Leaves: Base Foliage Green; shade Hauser Med. Green.
- 1. Use Lamp Black to base body, and to paint wing line work and outer wing edges; paint antennae. Use Georgia Clay to base colored areas; shade Rookwood Red. Dot eye Snow White.
- 1. Use Lamp Black to paint head, black body stripes, antennae, and legs. Paint yellow stripes Saffron Yellow. Highlight black areas Snow White and shade yellow areas Raw Sienna. Base wings Snow White; use Slate Grey to shade and to add line work. Use Snow White to dot eyes and to lightly line mouth.
- 1. Use Lamp Black to base body, head, and antennae. Base wings Cherry Red. Highlight body Snow White and shade wings Lamp Black. Dot eyes Snow White.
- Background and Lettering
- 1. Base background and top of brick Foliage Green. Paint lettering with two coats Saffron Yellow.
- 1. Apply several finishing coats. For exterior use, apply exterior varnish.
by Diane Marie Kellogg