Faux Stone Magnet Planter
DESIGN MASTER® Color Tool, Inc.
Rock your refrigerator art! Faux stone magnets designed to house small succulents or air plants bring serious attitude to your home art display.
- Polyform Sculpey Oven-Bake Clay
- Strong magnet
- Design Master ColorTEX Quarry 862
- Eclectic Products E6000 Industrial Strength Adhesive
- 1/2” dowel or marker, parchment-lined baking sheet, oven
- 1. Shape Sculpey clay into 1" ball. Press 1/2" dowel (or marker end) into center of clay ball creating hollow area. Shape ball around dowel for an irregular, rock-like shape.
- 2. With dowel in clay, press one side of clay ball on flat surface. (Keeping dowel in place while doing this insures hole maintains rounded shape.)
- 3. Remove dowel or marker; bake following manufacturer's instructions.
- 4. After planter cools, spray with ColorTEX Quarry. Apply several light coats, letting texture set for about 10 minutes before applying another coat. Let planter dry for six hours.
- 5. Adhere magnet to flat side of planter using E-6000. Let dry overnight.
- 6. Plant small succulent inside.