“Mint to Be” Wedding Favors
- Roll of mints
- Polyform Sculpey III Oven-Bake Clay: Ballerina, Pewter
- Burlap, 6”x9”
- Cardstock tag, 2”
- Self-adhesive gemstone rows
- Twine, 15”
- Polyform Sculpey: Mini Metal Basic Shapes Cutters, Acrylic Roller
- Small alphabet stamp set
- DecoArt paints: Americana Lamp Black Acrylic, Shimmering Silver Dazzling Metallics
- Imagine Crafts Tsukineko Jet Black Staz-On Ink
- Beacon Adhesives Permanent Adhesives: Gem-Tac, Fabri-Tac
- Parchment-lined baking sheet and oven
- paintbrush, cornstarch, scissors, iron and pressing surface, wax paper
- 1. Condition clay in hands until soft and pliable. Dust surface of wax paper with cornstarch using paintbrush. Roll out clays to 1/4" thickness. Cut out petals. Layer petals together to form flower.
- 2. Cut circle from clay for flower center. Press center onto flower. Follow manufacturer's instructions to bake on parchment-lined baking sheet in oven. Let cool.
- 3. Pull edges of burlap for fringed look. Wrap burlap around mints and secure overlapping ends using Fabri-Tac.
- 4. Drybrush petals with Lamp Black and Shimmering Silver. Let dry. Adhere gem to center of each flower.
- 5. Stamp initials, date, and/or sentiment of choice on tags. Ink edges. Adhere gemstones to tag. Adhere tags and flowers to burlap using Gem-Tac. Wrap twine around roll several times; knot and tie ends.