Cowboy Snow Couple
- STAEDTLER FIMO Soft Oven Bake Polymer Clay: White, Cherry Red, Black, Tangerine, Sahara, Chocolate
- Large clear plastic bulb ornament
- Thin wire
- Tiny pre-baked black clay balls, four (for eyes)
- Small white pom-poms (optional)
- Small star-shaped clay cutter, clay-dedicated pasta machine, parchment-lined baking sheet, oven
- Wire cutters
- White acrylic paint
- Staedtler Lumocolor Black Permanent Universal Pen (S 313)
- Matte sealer
- Craft glue
- craft knife, aluminum foil, toothpicks, paintbrush, ruler, pink blush
- 1. Condition clay using clay-dedicated pasta machine until soft and pliable.
- 2. Cover plastic ornament with foil and press down with fingers.
- 3. Flatten White clay to thickest pasta machine setting. Cut 1/2" strip. Wrap around neck of ornament. Trim excess with craft knife and smooth seam.
- 4. Create aluminum foil ball approximately 1-3/4". Cut 4" square from flattened White clay. Position foil ball in center and begin folding ends of clay over to form head. Continue encasing foil ball inside clay sheet, trimming off excess. Roll in hands to smooth out seams and bumps.
- 5. Press head onto top of foil-covered ornament.
- 6. Roll (10:1) mixture of White + Cherry Red clay creating pink clay. Flatten to thin setting on pasta machine; cut out 5" square. Fold square diagonally to form bandana. Wrap around neckline, allowing to drape.
- 7. For top of hat, make large marble-size ball of pink clay; flatten one edge. Pinch bottom with fingers and create indentation at top with thumb.
- 8. Flatten pink clay on thickest pasta machine setting. Cut 3" circle and place on center of pink ball; smooth seam. Place on top of head and shape into hat. Cut 1/2" strip of thin White clay. Wrap around hat for hat band; cut away excess. Cut shallow stitching lines in band with craft knife.
- 9. Roll 1/4"x2" log of Chocolate clay. Add small logs to sides and smooth seam for arms.
- 10. Shape small ball of Tangerine clay into cone; press onto face for nose. Press pre-baked black balls on face for eyes. Cut shallow eyebrow lines with craft knife.
- 11. Roll thin 8"-long log of Sahara clay. Twist and arrange on ornament for rope.
- 12. Create wire hanging loop; twist closed. Insert wire ends into top of hat.
- 13. Remove foil from ornament, leaving cowgirl intact. Position on glass jar and bake on parchment-lined baking sheet following manufacturer's instructions. Let cool completely.
- 14. Repeat Steps 2-13 to create cowboy, using Chocolate clay for hat, Cherry Red clay for bandana, and Sahara clay for hat band. Cut star from Cherry Red clay; press on hat band.
- 15. Drybrush ornament toppers with white paint to highlight. Add blush to cheeks. Draw mouth and eyebrows using black pen. Adhere rhinestones to cowgirl.
- 16. Fill ornament with pom-poms if desired. Draw snowflakes on ornament using white paint pen; let dry. Adhere toppers to ornaments.
- 1. If desired, a glass ornament may be used instead of plastic. Skip Step 1 and bake the snowman directly onto the glass ornament.