size: 3" round
- Dow STYROFOAM Brand Foam Ball, 3”
- Polyform Sculpey III Black Oven-Bake Clay
- Silver bead
- Black glittered ribbon, 7/8”-wide, 10” length
- Silver metallic cording
- Polyform Sculpey: Acrylic Roller, Clay Tool Starter Set, Clay Mat
- DecoArt Americana Tuscan Red Acrylic Paint
- DecoArt Metallic Lustre Silver Spark Wax Finish
- Parchment-lined baking sheet and oven
- Beacon Adhesives Gem-Tac Permanent Glue
- straight pins, paintbrush, ruler, newspaper (to cover work surface)
- 1. While holding ball in hand, paint top half Tuscan Red. Stick pins into painted surface to make tripod or stand. Set ball on pins; paint other half and let dry.
- 2. Pinch off one segment of clay; condition with fingers until soft and pliable. Using roller, roll clay to 1/4" thickness on mat. Using knife from Starter Set, cut out 2" square. Cut and remove 1" square from center of 2" square, creating buckle. Follow manufacturer's instructions, bake buckle on parchment-lined baking sheet in oven. Remove from oven; let cool completely.
- 3. Adhere ribbon around center of ball; trim ends.
- 4. Using fingers, apply Silver Spark to buckle. Adhere buckle to ball, covering ribbon ends.
- 5. Insert silver cord through bead; adhere to top of ball for hanger. Knot ends.
- 1. Don't have straight pins? Use unfolded metal paper clips.