- Twig wreath
- Artificial floral and leaf stems
- STYROFOAM Brand Foam* (Dow): Eggs: 2”, three; 2-1/2” three; 3-1/2”; Ball, 1-1/2”
- Spray paints (Krylon): H2O: Niagara Ivory Mist; Indoor Outdoor: Peekaboo Blue; Crystal Color: Woodland Brown; Glitter Spray: Shimmering Silver
- Creative Paperclay modeling compound (Creative Paperclay Co.), 1 pkg.
- Floral excelsior
- Floral wire cutters
- Fine-grit sandpaper
- Hot glue gun and glue sticks
- Round toothpicks
- White craft glue
- 1. Use floral wire to attach flowers and leaves to wreath.
- 2. Follow manufacturer's instructions to spray paint wreath Satin Nickel, then Shimmering Silver, letting dry between coats.
- 3. Apply thin even layer of spackle onto 2" and 2-1/2" eggs. Let dry. Sand eggs until smooth. Spray paint eggs Niagara Ivory Mist.
- 4. Lightly mist eggs with Peekaboo Blue.
- 5. For a speckled look, spray paint eggs Woodland Brown, holding can 12" to 15" from eggs for a fine mist. (Note: To achieve speckled look while avoiding drips, do not shake can.)
- 6. Spray paint eggs Shimmering Silver. Insert floral wire into round portion of egg and secure with hot glue.
- 7. Apply glue to toothpick ends and use to secure 1-1/2" ball to pointed end of 3-1/2" egg at an angle. Cover egg and ball with thin layer of modeling compound. Apply more modeling compound to round end of egg for tail shape. Divide a quarter-size amount of modeling compound in half. Shape each half into an oval wing and attach one to each side of egg. Blend and smooth wings onto bird. Let dry and sand smooth.
- 8. Spray paint bird Peekaboo Blue. When dry, apply one coat Satin Nickel, letting some blue show through.
- 9. Shape excelsior into nest. Spray nest Satin Nickel. Wire nest to wreath. Hot glue bird to nest. Wire eggs to wreath as shown.
- 10. Spray wreath with one coat of Shimmering Silver.
- 1. Use spray paints to make coordinating garlands, ornaments and more.