- Polyform Sculpey III Polymer Clay, in colors of choice
- Black acrylic paint
- Clay-dedicated rolling pin or wooden dowel
- Parchment-lined baking sheet and oven
- paper towel, craft stick, sponge scrap
- 1. Adults, help kids when baking clay in oven.
- 2. On clean work surface, remove clay from package. To condition, roll clay separately in hands until soft, bending and rolling until pliable. If clay cracks, keep conditioning.
- 3. Roll each clay color into log. Roll all logs into one ball. Work clay in hands so colors become mixed, creating marbleized look.
- 4. For stone, flatten ball slightly, forming oval shape.
- 5. Position stone on parchment-lined baking sheet. Use craft stick to cut cross shape in center of stone. Follow manufacturer's instructions to bake stone in oven. Let cool completely.
- 6. Use sponge scrap to squeeze black acrylic paint into cross area. Use paper towel to wipe excess paint from stone. Let dry.
- 1. Create other color combinations by marbleizing your favorite colors together for bright and vibrant stones.