1. On clean work surface, remove clay from package. To condition, roll clay separately in hands until soft, bending and rolling until pliable. If clay cracks, keep conditioning.
2. For base, roll Red clay to 1/8" thickness. Press clay on lid, smoothing edges. Roll Yellow clay to 1/8" thickness. Measure and cut 1/8"x3/8" strips and press strips, vertically and evenly spaced, around lid edges.
3. For worm's body, roll from Granny Smith: 1" ball (head), 2" ball (body), three 1/4" balls (antennae and nose), and four 1/2" balls (arms and hands). Form body into log shape; curl tail. Use toothpick to make body indentations.
4. Press head on end of body. Press beads (eyes) on head. Use toothpick to make mouth and eye indentations. Press nose below eyes.
5. For antennae, measure and cut 4" green wire length. Press antenna balls on ends, bend antennae in center, and insert into head.
6. For glasses, measure and cut 4"gold wire length. Curl wire around pencil, forming circles; trim ends. Position glasses on head.
7. For arms, roll balls into logs. Press arms on sides of body. Press hands on ends of arms.
8. For pencil, roll small Yellow log. Press small Pink and Vanilla Crème circles on end. Press pencil on hand.
9. For sign, roll Vanilla Crème ball to 1/8" thickness. Use old credit card to cut rectangle. Insert toothpick into bottom of sign and sign into hand.
10. Position worm on lid base. Position lid on parchment-lined baking sheet.
11. Follow manufacturer's instructions to bake lid in oven. Let cool completely.
12. Cut tag shape from card stock scrap. Write message on tag. Use hole punch to punch hole in end of tag. Measure and cut 12" ribbon length. Insert ribbon end through hole on tag; tie around jar.
1. Adults, help kids when baking clay in oven.
1. Fill gift jar with your teacher's favorite candy or with pencils, erasers, stickers, or other fun stuff!