Clay-dedicated gingerbread man and woman cookie cutters, 4”
Paintbrushes: #4 flat, #4 mop, #2 round
STAEDTLER FIMO Liquid Decorating Gel
Silver metallic powder
Medium brown acrylic paint
paper towels, tweezers, baby wipes, ruler
1. Condition Sahara clay in hands until soft and pliable. Roll Sahara clay to 1/4" thickness and cut out gingerbread shapes using cookie cutters. Repeat for as many gingerbread people as desired. Follow manufacturer's instructions to bake gingerbread people on parchment-lined baking sheet for 15 minutes at 230º in oven. Let cool completely.
2. On newspaper-covered work surface, drybrush edges of gingerbread people medium brown using flat. Let dry.
3. Roll Cherry Red and Mint clay (or colors of choice) to 1/16" thickness. Position clay sheet over baked gingerbread people; cut out clothes just inside edge on gingerbread people. Use baby wipe to gently smooth edges of clothes. Mix and match color combos or leave some gingerbread people bare.
4. Cut out circles for faces and hands in color of choice. Press face and hands on bodies. Use baby wipe to smooth edges of clay.
5. Roll Metallic Silver clay to 1/8"-thickness. Cut off small pieces of clay and roll into tiny balls. Dust balls with silver powder using mop. Roll balls between paper towel to remove excess powder.
6. Use tweezers to press silver balls on face for eyes and on clothes for buttons and dress trim. Apply Liquid Decorating Gel on clothing for smooth appearance; use round paintbrush to help spread gel to edges of clothing.
7. Roll very skinny White clay rope; measure and cut rope to fit areas on gingerbread people for collars, details on dresses, and cuffs. Position ropes on top of decorating gel.
8. Return gingerbread people to oven and bake as instructed in Step 1. Let cool.