Earring Holder Display
Earring Holder Display
- White photo mat with oval opening, 8”x10”
- Polyform Sculpey Pluffy Clay: Pink, Blue, Green
- Dow STYROFOAM Brand Foam squares: 4-1/2”, 1”
- Clear rhinestones, six
- Wooden coffee stirrers or thin craft sticks, three
- Pink satin ribbon, 1/2”-wide
- Pink feather boa, 14” long
- Polyform Sculpey Acrylic Roller
- Pink acrylic paint
- Leaf cookie or clay cutter, 1/2”
- Parchment-lined baking sheet and oven
- Aleene’s Original Tacky Glue
- scissors, ruler, plastic placemat (for work surface), toothpicks, pencil with eraser, newspaper (to cover work surface), paintbrush
- 1. On plastic placemat, roll 1/8"-thick Green clay sheet. Use leaf cutter to cut out nine leaves. Mark each leaf down center using toothpick. Roll four vines and curl them as shown in photo.
- 2. Roll 1/8"-thick Pink clay sheet on work surface. Use leaf cutter to cut out 18 shapes for flower petals. Use toothpick to mark line down center of each petal. Place tiny ball of clay on work surface. Press six petals around ball. Press five petals around center of ball on top of first row of petals. Use eraser on pencil to press down center of flower. To make smaller flower, repeat process using five petals for first row and two petals for second row. Press center using eraser end of pencil.
- 3. Roll and flatten four balls of Blue clay for each of the four smallest flowers. Press together and mark two lines on each petal. Press eraser end of pencil on center of each flower. Position all clay pieces on parchment-lined baking sheet and bake in oven at 275º for 10 minutes. Let cool.
- 4. On covered work surface, paint three wooden coffee stirrers pink. Let dry.
- 5. Adhere ribbon around outside edges of photo mat. Adhere pink wooden stirrers to back of mat.
- 6. Use ruler to make groove across center of 4-1/2" foam square, about 1/4" deep, using sawing motion. Adhere pink boa around edge of foam.
- 7. Adhere vines and leaves as shown in photo onto top and bottom of photo mat. Let dry. Adhere flowers on vines and leaves. Adhere rhinestone on center of each flower. Let dry at least two hours.
- 8. Apply glue in groove on foam square. Position photo mat in groove. Adhere 1" foam square onto back of photo mat and onto base of foam square to aid photo mat in standing upright. Let dry several hours or overnight before using.
- 1. Use teacups or drinking glasses to prop mat up while drying if needed.