Clay-dedicated rolling pin, old or promo credit card (for cutter), baking sheet, and oven
ruler, scissors, toothpick, black marker, craft glue
1. Remove clay from packages and condition separately in hands until soft. Fold clay in half. If clay cracks, keep conditioning.
2. For holder, roll Brown clay to 1/8" thickness. Measure and cut two 1"x3" rectangles (for back and bottom). Measure and cut 1/2"x3" rectangle (for front). Roll two 1/4"x3" logs. Press front and back rectangles to bottom base. Press logs to inside bottom of front and back pieces (for support).
3. For turkey's head, roll 1/2" Brown ball and flatten into circle. For turkey's body, roll 3/4" Brown ball and flatten into oval. Press head onto body, smoothing edges together.
4. For feathers, roll seven 3/4" balls from Red, Orange, Yellow, and Green. Using rolling pin, flatten balls to 1/8" thickness and cut into teardrops. Press feathers onto body, smoothing edges together.
5. For eyes, pinch tiny amounts of White and Black clay and roll into balls. Press onto face.
6. For beak, roll Yellow ball and flatten to 1/8" thickness using rolling pin; cut triangle shape. For feet, roll two small Yellow balls; use toothpick to make toe indentations. For wattle, roll two tiny Red balls. Form one ball into long oval. Press ball and oval on beak. For wings, roll two small Orange balls; flatten and shape into ovals. Press beak with wattle, feet, and wings on body and head.
7. To attach, roll 1/2" Brown ball into log. Press log and then turkey onto front of holder, smoothing edges.
8. Follow manufacturer's instructions to bake holder on index card on baking sheet. Let cool.
9. For place cards, use black marker to write guest name on center of remaining index card. Decorate card as desired.
1. For extra reinforcement, spot glue bottom turkey feathers and body onto front of holder if needed.