Wooden Menorah Set & Canister
Your children will learn more about their Jewish culture when they create this traditional Wooden Menorah Set to light in celebration of Hanukkah.
- Recycled potato chip canister, 9” tall
- Wooden square blocks: 1”, eight; 2”, one
- Loew-Cornell Woodsies: small teardrops, eight; large teardrop, one
- Makin's Clay Air-Dry Clay: White, Blue
- Blue/white print paper, scrap
- Blue cardstock, scrap
- White birthday candles, nine
- Metal washers: 1”, eight; 1-1/4”, one
- Silver rickrack, 20” length
- Blue ribbon, 12” length
- DecoArt Americana Acrylic Paints: Baby Blue, Admiral Blue, Soft Blue, Snow White, Primary Yellow
- Black permanent marker
- Silver pen
- Hole punch, 1/4”
- Craft glue
- scissors, ruler, paintbrushes, masking tape, newspaper (to cover work surface)
- Menorah Set
- 1. On clean work surface, remove clay from package. To condition, roll clay separately in hands until soft, bending and rolling until pliable. If clay cracks, keep conditioning.
- 2. Roll four 1/2" balls of both White and Blue clay and one 1" ball of blue clay. Use candle to make hole in center of each ball. Let clay dry.
- 3. On covered work surface, paint small blocks Soft Blue, Admiral Blue, Snow White, and Baby Blue. Paint larger block Admiral Blue. Paint teardrops Primary Yellow.
- 4. Use marker to outline shapes and front of blocks.
- 5. Adhere small washers on top of small blocks and larger washer on larger block. Adhere clay balls on top of washers. Insert candles in clay.
- 1. On covered work surface, wrap masking tape around center of canister. Paint top of can Baby Blue and bottom of can Admiral Blue. Let dry. Remove tape. Paint center Soft Blue. Let dry.
- 2. Measure and cut 3" squares from both print paper and blue cardstock. Cut squares diagonally in half creating four triangles. Layer and adhere triangles together creating stars. Adhere stars on can using photo as guide.
- 3. Use silver pen to line edges of stars and center blue area. Cut rickrack to fit around center areas; adhere on can. Use silver pen to write "menorah" on can.
- 4. For handle, punch holes, 1/2" from top, on either side of can. Insert blue ribbon ends into holes; knot ends on inside.