Mummy Treat Container
Mummy Treat Container
- Plastic 2L soda bottle
- Unbleached muslin
- Polyform Sculpey Bake & Bend Clay: Black, Green, White
- Black chenille stem
- Black pony beads
- Circle paper punch
- Red fine-tip marker
- Old or promo credit card (for cutter)
- Rolling pin (dedicated to clay)
- Glass baking dish and oven
- Beacon Adhesives: Stiffen Stuff, Fabri-Tac Glue
- scissors, clothespins, old plastic bowl, clear tape
- 1. To condition clay, remove from package and roll in hands until soft. Flatten clay and fold in half. (If clay cracks, keep conditioning.)
- 2. For eyes, use rolling pin to roll 1/2"x2" White log. Use credit card to cut in half. Roll halves into balls (eyes) and flatten slightly. Roll two small Black balls; position and press onto eyes, slightly off center. Roll and flatten 2" Black ball into oval shape. Position and press eyes onto Black oval as shown in photo. Set aside.
- 3. For teeth, mix 1" ball of White with pea-sized ball of Green. Use rolling pin to flatten ball. Use credit card to cut various-sized squares and rectangles. Set aside.
- 4. For mouth, roll and flatten 2" Black ball into oval shape. Use credit card to cut oval in half. Position and press teeth onto mouth.
- 5. Position eyes and mouth with teeth in glass dish. Follow manufacturer's instructions to bake pieces in oven. Let cool.
- 6. Cut top 3" from bottle. For handle, use paper punch to punch holes 2" from edges on sides.
- 7. Remove cap and nozzle from bottle. Pour Stiffen Stuff into bowl. Measure and tear 2"x12" muslin strips. Dip strips into Stiffen Stuff and wrap around bottle, beginning at bottom, until bottle is completely covered. Hold strips in place around rim with clothespins until dry.
- 8. Use red marker to draw lines on eyes. Adhere eyes and mouth to front of bottle.
- 9. Measure and tear two 2"x12" muslin strips. Adhere part of one strip overlapping eye, wrap around bottle, and adhere onto back. Repeat, overlapping part of mouth. Tape ends until glue sets, then remove tape.
- 10. For handle, thread pony beads onto chenille stem, leaving 1" free on both ends. Insert ends into holes and bend to secure.
- 1. Speed up drying time on your mummy by using a hair dryer on low heat.