scissors, ruler, paintbrush, toothpick, newspaper (to cover work surface)
1. On clean work surface, remove clay from packages and condition in hands until soft and pliable. Roll Brown clay to 1/4" thickness. Use old credit card to cut 4" triangle (robe). Cut out two 1" Brown clay triangles (sleeves). Press sleeves on robe. Roll 1" Beige clay ball (head); flatten. Roll two 1/2" Beige balls (hands) and two 2" Beige logs (legs). Form feet on end of legs. Press head, hands, and legs on body. Roll skinny White clay logs (hair), 1/2" White clay circle (beard), three skinny White clay logs (moustache and eyebrows), and tiny Beige clay ball (nose). Press clay pieces on head. Roll 5" Brown clay log (staff). Wrap hand around staff.
2. Use toothpick to add details on clay pieces.
3. Adults, help kids when using oven. Follow manufacturer's instructions to bake Moses on parchment-lined baking sheet in oven. Let cool completely.
4. Cut top from cereal box, leaving 4" around bottom of box. Cut around center front of box, creating sand area.
5. On covered work surface, paint front, sides, and bottom inside of box tan. Paint inside top of box blue. Let dry. Use cloud decorative-edge scissors to cut around outside of box, forming sky shape. Add white details on sky for clouds. Let dry.
6. Measure and cut 5"-long paper strips (waves) from blue papers for front of box. Use wavy decorative-edge scissors to cut edges of waves. Layer and glue waves together, creating two shapes. Insert paper fastener through end on each wave; insert each wave onto front of box, bending ends on inside. See photo as guide. Cut 1/2"x8" light blue paper strip (water). Use wavy scissors to trim long edges of strip. Glue strip on bottom front of box below sand.
7. Cut 1" oval (fish) from purple cardstock. Use black marker to draw gills and mouth on fish. Glue fish on wave. Glue Moses on center of box