Monkey Frame & Tissue Box
sizes: frame, 8-1/2"x11"; tissue box, 5"x5-1/4"
- Wooden frame, with offset opening, 8-1/2”x11”
- Tissue box cover
- Polyform Sculpey Premo! Clay: Burnt Umber, Beige, Black, Green
- Polyform Sculpey Tool Set
- Clay-dedicated acrylic roller
- DecoArt Americana Acrylic Paints: Winter Blue, Blue Chiffon, Olive Green
- Sakura of America Pigma Brush Tip Marker (CSDL #29): Green
- DecoArt Americana Star Lite Varnish
- Parchment-lined baking sheet
- Aleene's Original Tacky Glue
- kitchen sponge, paintbrush, scissors, ruler, toothpick
- 1. Remove clay from packages. To condition, roll clay in hands until soft, bending and rolling until pliable. Roll 2"-long Burnt Umber oval (body) and 1-1/2" Burnt Umber ball (head); flatten to 1/4" thickness.
- 2. Roll strings of Burnt Umber clay for vines, tail, arms, and legs and two tiny Burnt Umber balls (ears).
- 3. Roll 2" Beige log and two tiny Beige balls (inner ears). Press inner ears onto ears. Cut log into four lengths (for feet and hands). Use toothpick to add lines on feet and hands. Press feet and hands on legs and arms.
- 4. Press arms and legs on body. Curl tail end; press on body.
- 5. Roll 1" Beige circle (tummy) and 1/2" Beige circle (muzzle). Press tummy on body and muzzle on face. Roll three tiny Black balls (eyes and nose). Press eyes and nose on face. Use toothpick to add details.
- 6. Follow manufacturer's instructions to bake clay on parchment-lined baking sheet in oven. Let cool.
- 7. Sponge paint surface of frame and tissue box 2:1 mixture of Winter Blue and Blue Chiffon. Let dry.
- 8. Cut small leaf shape from sponge scrap. Press leaf shape in Olive Green paint. Stamp frame and tissue box. Let dry.
- 9. Apply varnish on surface of frame and tissue box. Let dry.
- 10. Use Green marker to outline stamped leaves.
- 11. Glue vines, monkey, and clay leaves onto surfaces. Let dry at least 3 hours before using.
- 1. For baby girl design, roll five tiny pink clay balls. Press balls together forming flower shape. Glue flower on monkey's head.