Baby Foot and Hand Print
Craft Marketing Connections
size: 5-1/2" square
- White Air Hardening Modeling Clay (Prang DAS)
- Coordinating patterned papers, 12”x12”, two
- Brown Essentials Ribbon (American Crafts), 16” lengths, three
- White eyelets, 1/4”, six
- Chipboard, 12”x12”, two
- Photo, 3”x3”
- X-ACTO (Elmer’s Products): Knife; Self-Healing Cutting Mat
- Craft Bond Tacky Glue (Elmer’s Products)
- Adhesive foam squares, 1/2”: 1/8” thick, 15; 1/16” thick, 21
- Eyelet setter
- Paper punch, 1/4”
- Rolling pin
- Wax paper
- Cutting board
- 1. Use wax paper to cover cutting board or other firm surface which can be transported over to baby. Remove clay from package and knead for several minutes to eliminate bubbles. Roll out clay to 1/4" thickness and cut into three 3-1/2" squares using craft knife and ruler.
- 2. For imprinting, it will help if baby is sleeping and in a comfortable position. Also ask someone to assist you in imprinting. Gently stroke baby's hand to minimize baby's clench reflex. Gently stroke and press baby's fingers flat onto the clay. Gently, yet quickly press each of the fingers, individually and then press down on the palm of the hand into one clay piece. Similarly, press baby's foot into another clay piece. Let imprints dry. Wipe off baby's hand and foot when finished imprinting.
- 3. Cut 3" piece of chipboard using craft knife and cutting mat. Impress chipboard into center of last clay piece and remove. Let dry. Glue photo onto clay piece.
- 4. Cut chipboard into three 4-1/2" squares and three 5-1/2" squares.
- 5. Use glue stick to adhere stripe paper and polka dot paper onto 4-1/2" squares. Glue plain blue paper to 5-1/2" squares.
- 6. Punch hole in top left and right corners of plain blue squares; attach eyelets. Thread 16" ribbon lengths through eyelets knotting at front.
- 7. Attach 4-1/2" square to 5-1/2" square using 1/8"-thick foam squares. Attach clay squares to patterned paper using 1/16"-thick foam squares.
- 1. For maximum clay softness, plan to knead, roll out and imprint baby's foot and hand within one hour of opening package. If interrupted during imprinting, place clay into plastic storage bag to prevent drying and imprint later.