Polyform Sculpey: III clay: one 2 oz. block White, small amount Black
Round or square chipboard box
Laser-printed line drawing
Polyform Sculpey: Clay Conditioning Machine, Extruder, Super Slicer
Parchment-lined baking sheet
Computer and laser printer
rubbing alcohol, cotton balls, white copy paper, craft knife, foam brush or sponge scrap
1. Scan artwork into computer. Print artwork using laser printer. (Note: Inkjet printers will not work with transfer.) Using photo editing program, flip image horizontally for reverse image to transfer. Cut out transfer. See Step 1.
2. Condition White clay into thin flat sheet. Use conditioning machine to roll clay on #1 setting or 3/8" thick. Position transfer right side down on clay sheet. Soak cotton ball in rubbing alcohol and wipe entire surface of transfer. Let dry; wipe entire surface again. Repeat for third time. Carefully peel corner on transfer; black line on drawing should have transferred on clay. Cut around transfer. See Steps 2-4.
3. On covered work surface, use sponge scrap to paint box in colors of choice. See Step 5. Let dry.
4. Position clay transfer on box top. Roll Black clay into thin log (or use clay extruder) and press around image, creating frame. See Step 6. (Note: No glue is needed to adhere clay to box as paint acts as glue.)
5. Bake lid in oven following manufacturer's instructions. Let cool.
6. Use colored pencils to color in drawing. See Step 7.