Luck o' the Irish Gifts
sizes: jar, 4"; notebook, varies
Luck o' the Irish Gifts
- Glass jar with metal lid, 4” diameter
- Small hard-cover notebook
- Polyform Sculpey III Polymer Clay: Granny Smith, String Bean
- Polyform Sculpey: Clay Conditioning Machine, Clay Tool Starter Set, Etch 'N Pearl Tool Set
- Heart clay cutters: 3/4", 1-1/2", 2"
- "Happy St. Patrick's Day" rubber stamp
- Brown acrylic paint
- Parchment-lined baking sheet
- White craft glue
- Super glue
- ruler, paper towel, paintbrush, spray water bottle
- 1. Condition clay until soft and pliable. Keep colors separate. With Clay Conditioning Machine on #1 (thickest) setting, make String Bean and Granny Smith sheets.
- 2. Mist stamp with water. Stamp firmly into Granny Smith sheet and cut out, leaving 1/2" border on all sides. Cut String Bean rectangle 1" wider and 1" longer than Granny Smith rectangle. Center smaller rectangle on larger one. Press on jar front.
- 3. Cut out 30 3/4" String Bean hearts. Use blade tool to press in lines at heart points. Make 1/4"-diameter snake. Position hearts on jar forming shamrock shapes. Cut snake sections and press on shamrocks for stems.
- 4. Cut out three 1-1/2" Granny Smith hearts and three 1-1/2" String Bean hearts. Layer Granny Smith hearts on bottom and String Bean on top as shown (for jar lid). Position hearts on parchment-lined baking sheet, pressing heart centers together creating shamrock. Cut Granny Smith rectangle and press on shamrock for stem. Cut slightly smaller rectangle and press on top of stem. Make Granny Smith ball and press on shamrock center. Use ends of Etch 'N Pearl tools for border designs.
- 5. Cut out three 1-1/2" Granny Smith hearts and three 2" String Bean hearts. Layer Granny Smith hearts on top and String Bean on bottom as shown (for notebook cover). Position hearts on parchment-lined baking sheet, pressing heart centers together creating shamrock. Cut String Bean strip and press on shamrock for stem. Make String Bean ball and press on shamrock center. Use ends of Etch 'N Pearl tools for border designs.
- 6. Follow manufacturer's instructions to bake shamrocks in oven. Let cool completely. Antique with thinned brown acrylic paint, wiping off excess with paper towel. Allow paint to dry completely. Adhere "Happy St. Patrick's Day" sign and shamrocks on jar and lid using superglue. Adhere shamrock on notebook with white glue.