Aleene’s: Original Tacky Glue; Decorative Glitter Snow
palette knife, cotton swab, newspaper (to cover work surface), scrap paper
1. Preheat oven to 275º. On clean work surface, condition clay by running though clay machine several times until soft and pliable.
2. For snowmen, roll marble-sized Frost White Glitter ball (head) and larger Frost White Glitter oval (body). Insert toothpick end into body and other end into head. Roll Frost White Glitter disc shape (leg) and smaller Frost White Glitter ovals (feet). Insert toothpick end into each foot; press leg into toothpick and other end into bottom of body. Roll two small Frost White Glitter logs (arms); insert toothpick end on end of each arm and other end into sides of body. Repeat for remaining two snowmen. Arrange arms and legs in different positions on each snowman.
3. Roll small mitten shapes from Bright Green Pearl, Peacock Pearl, and Purple Pearl clays; gently flatten. Press mittens onto ends of arms. Alternate clay cone shapes for hats and press onto heads. Roll and flatten strips of clay for hat brims. Use toothpick to draw details; press hat brims on hats. Roll strips of clay for scarves and wrap around necks. Roll tiny balls; press on hat ends.
4. Roll small cone shapes from Orange clay for carrot noses. Roll tiny string from Black clay for mouths; press on faces. Roll two small Black balls (coal) ad two tiny Black balls (eyes) for each snowman; press on bellies and faces.
5. Roll Frosted White Glitter ball and Red ball together, forming marbleized ball; form into log shape. Twist log shape into small candy cane shapes; press candy cane on bottom of each foot.
6. For trees, roll five Green Pearl cones. Roll center tree (on lid) to 4" tall. Position 4"-tall tree on flattened sheet of Frost White Glitter. Roll out Green Pearl sheet and cut 1/2"-wide strips using zig-zag slicer blade. Beginning at bottom of trees, wrap strips around each tree, covering completely, and ending with point on top of tree. Use toothpick to add lines on green clay, indicating branches. Roll tiny Silver, Peacock Pearl, and Purple Pearl balls (ornaments); press on trees. Press smaller trees on sides of photo cube; remove and position on parchment-lined baking sheet.
7. Cut out star for largest tree from 18K Gold using star clay cutter. Insert scrap of toothpick in star; press on top of tree. Position all clay pieces on parchment-lined baking sheet and bake in oven following manufacturer's instructions. Let cool.
8. On covered work surface, remove photo inserts from photo cube. Insert plain copy paper into photo areas. Spray entire outside of cube and lid Sparkling Waters. Let dry. Apply second coat. Let dry. Apply two coats of Clear Sealer, letting dry between each coat. Remove paper from photo insert areas.
9. Adhere largest tree to center of lid. Let dry for one hour. Apply blush on snowmen cheeks with cotton swab. Adhere snowmen around tree. Let dry several hours.
10. Use pallete knife to apply Glitter Snow around lid and bottom edges of photo cube. Adhere remaining trees to each corner over snow. Replace clear photo inserts and photos in frame areas.