scissors, ruler, craft stick or plastic knife, toothpick, paintbrush, newspaper (to cover work surface)
1. Adults, help kids when baking clay in oven.
2. On clean work surface, remove clay from packages. To condition, roll clay separately in hands until soft, bending and rolling until pliable. If clay cracks, keep conditioning.
3. For crèche base, roll 2" Tan clay ball. Flatten and position margarine container on clay. Remove container.
4. For Baby Jesus, roll 1" White clay ball (body), 1/2" Beige clay ball (head), 1/4" Yellow ball (halo), and two tiny Black balls (eyes). Press head on body and halo and eyes on head.
5. For Mary, roll 2" Blue and White clay ball; form ball into body and arms. Roll tiny Beige clay ball (hand), 1" Beige clay ball (head), 1/2" Yellow clay ball (halo), and two tiny Black clay balls (eyes). Press head on body and halo and eyes on head.
6. For Joseph, roll 2" Brown clay ball into triangle shape, forming body and arm. Roll 1" Beige clay ball (head), tiny Beige ball (arm), 1/2" Black clay ball (beard), 1/4" Tan clay ball (head cloth), two tiny Black clay balls (eyes) and skinny Black clay rope (head wrap). Press head and hand on body and beard, head cloth, eyes, and head wrap around head.
7. Position Mary, Joseph, and Baby Jesus on card stock scrap. Use toothpick to add face and arm details. Use photo as guide. Roll 1" Yellow clay ball; form into star. Position clay items (including base) on parchment-lined baking sheet. Follow manufacturer's instructions to bake clay in oven. Let cool.
8. On covered work surface, paint margarine container (nativity) Pearlescent Turquoise. While still wet, sprinkle inside and outside of nativity with glitter. Let dry.
9. Use white dimensional paint to add snowflakes on inside of nativity. Let dry.
10. Use craft stick or plastic knife to apply snow medium on nativity rim. Let dry.
11. Glue Mary, Joseph, and Baby Jesus inside nativity. Glue star on nativity rim. Lightly paint star Bright Gold. Let dry.
12. Glue raffia around inside of nativity. Glue nativity on clay base. Let dry.